VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam For Bilateral Knee Injury - Update & Fdc Question

Rate this question

Kimmy

Question

My husband had his C&P on 1/10/2013 at a local doctors office located in the same office park as our dentist. I guess the doctor is a QTC contractor. I did not go; but my husband said that they xrays done of both knees. The doctor did not take many notes but asked questions from the very detailed form my husband completed. The nurse measured the scars. The doctor asked him to walk and pivot without the knee braces or cane. He said it was very painful. My husband could not pivot at all because he has no lateral movement. The doctor tested his range of motion which is limited and told my husband that from looking at the xrays and everything he saw that knee replacements would definitely be in his future. The xray tech told my husband that both knees were bone on bone now. I guess we take the comments as good news?

Hubby's experiece was different from what I have read here on this board. We feel very optimistic about the exam and that he will receive a favorable rating. He is claiming bilateral knee injury, limited motion, cartilage, scarring, and degerative arithritis.

Let me back up a bit, we didn't not learn about Fully Developed Claims (FDC) Program until December 2012 at which time we filed the form only but stated that we have already submitted everything else (SMRs, Nexus letter,records, xrays, pictures and notes from surgeon back in June 2012. All of sudden we saw that his claim was moving. With in a couple of weeks of submitting the FDC form, the claimed moved to gathering evidence and he got a call for the appointment.

On E-Bennies it says that QTC's information is due by 2/17/2012. How long does it take hear something after the exam? The FDC form is noted as received in E-Bennies but should we expect a confiramation letter stating if the claim has been flagged for the FDC Program?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Was there a service injury in his SMR he has connected to?

Yes, there were multiple incidents injuries (for both knees) and subsequent treatments at multiple duty stations. The SMRs illustrate a progression of the knee condition during his enlistments. All information was provided to my husband's surgeon and the doc wrote a very detailed nexus letter addressing the history and how it related to the current condition.

Kimmy

I myself will continue to follow this, as it is very interesting that you submitted the FDC and suddenly the claim begain to move and you actually got C&P exams. I've been waiting forever so that was at least a giant step in the right direction and maybe something I should look into myself.

I don't know what when or how the RO will do anything but wish you the best at a speedy result in your quest.

Good luck

God Bless.

• HadIt.com Elder

Remember that the c&p doctor does not determine your rating or even if a condition is SC. That is evidence one way or the other and the rating officer gets all information together and makes a rating. Do you have an IMO?

On 5 Feb 03 I had an L knee replacement. I submitted a claim to have the s/c to my R knee on 8 March 03. The R knee had 2 TKR's. In the packet I asked that;

Increase my R knee from 30 to 6t0%

S/C my L knee secondary to R knee

bilateral

Today, 1 May I received my c/p results. They s/c the l knee and upped the r knee to 60%. This was all in a matter of less than 55 days. And WHY..... it is because of this site. I used all the knowledge that I gained from this site for over 10 years. I am currently rated at 90%. After the 1 year @ 100% temp this will put me over the 100% mark. I am blessed and wanted to share this with all of you and let you know that if you follow the advice of this site and get all the info needed to submit a solid packet - you have it made. Also, they found an error and I will be receiving back pay for another issue. Again thanks to HADIT.COM. I have always told anybody that this is THE SITE.