Sponsored Ads

• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
stevem007

Agent Orange Spraying In Vietnam

Question

Many civilian workers at the Corpus Christi Army Depot who repaired UH helicopters during the Vietnam war were exposed to Agent Orange. The Army states that the helicopters were decontaminated before coming to the states for repairs. This is not true. Does anyone know if the Army did indeed try to decontaminate the helicopters before they shipped them off to the states for repairs?

If you believe that then you believe Clinton's statement that " I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Monica Lewinsky." They probably had no idea of the problems AO could cause, nor did they care, otherwise why would they have exempted Monsanto & Dow Chemical. Personally, I think any civilian exposed should sue the companies and the feds. jmo

pr

Ad

Agreed!

http://cybersarges.tripod.com/aospraymap.html

Interactive Spraying Map AO in Vietnam

Major Wes Carter USAF retired, is speaking to the Institute of Medicine Tomorrow on how the C 123s were contaminated with the AO.

I posted a separate topic here with his testimony in the AO forum the other day.

www.c123cancer.org

It is absurd to think that when troop extractions were done , as well as Medivacs, that any helo or plane escaped the AO exposure.

I dont know about the civilians you mentioned but the AO is the WMD that keeps on giving.

Edited by Berta

Thanks Ms. Berta for that information, I may need it when I file for AO causing my IHD. I see the III Corp was the worst area for spraying. I was there at CuCi as a dog handler and working the III corp jungle and rubber plantations.

Yes, I remember one of worse thing we fought on the maintenance of our Ch47 Chinooks was the dust that accumulated inside our equipment. Also bullet holes were a problem too. In the picture's that I took of Camp Eagle from my gunner postion, you could see the spray area's were around our base.

There was no way you could get the dust out with out a complete maintenance at a depot location.

Many civilian workers at the Corpus Christi Army Depot who repaired UH helicopters during the Vietnam war were exposed to Agent Orange. The Army states that the helicopters were decontaminated before coming to the states for repairs. This is not true. Does anyone know if the Army did indeed try to decontaminate the helicopters before they shipped them off to the states for repairs?

Most equipment items shipped from Vietnam were supposedly washed, smothered in insecticide, and possibly wrapped up in some sort of plastic wrap.

Equipment that was basically "scrap" was not as well cared for, or prepped for shipment. The "decontamination" was mainly to insure that strange creatures, bugs, and other things did not survive the trip back to the states or Japan. As to A/O removal, you have to remember that for much of the Vietnam War, it was not considered to be a problem. The C-130s used for spraying and that returned to the US were still contaminated years later. If the equipment was shipped on US Navy transports, it may have undergone an additional wash process immediately prior to being placed on the ships, as well as a dousing with insecticides.

One of the ships I was on in 1967 carried vehicles and an occasional junk navy jet plane from Vietnam to Japan.on return trips.