BakerGeckos
      $50.00
      Anonymous
      $10.00
      Offline Donation
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
USMC5811

Anyone Seen This Before?

Question

an AB8 letter change BEFORE the status shows completed? That is what I am seeing right now - the AB8 letter shows a change but the status moved from Decision Approval back to Gathering Dust Phase.

Claim received by VA in June 2011

C&P's completed in early March 2012

Results of C&P's received in April 2012

Sat in Gathering of Dust phase until May 2nd - move to Review of Evidence

Requested copy of C&P's for me to review July 2012 and received them within 7 days

Back to Gathering of Dust Phase

Mailed DBQ's to rebutt C&P's in August 2012

Back to Review of Evidence after VA received them in the middle of August 2012

Back to Gathering Dust in September 2012

Prep for Decision last part of December 2012

Pending Decision Approval Jan 7, 2013

Reset Pending Decision Approval to Jan 8, 2013 with a annotation right below the phase - stating that after a second review, VA needs more evidence and will be contacting us. AB8 shows blank now for % = just the % symbol and nothing else there

QTC calls Jan 9th stating VA wants pictures of scars.

Jan 10th - pictures taken by QTC and reportedly sent to VA digitally

Jan 17th went back to Gathering Dust Phase

Jan 18th still in Gathering Dust Phase but now AB8 shows.....drum roll please.....100%. AB3 letter shows "total disability is permanent not scheduled for future exams" and DD1172 letter is also there (already have commissary and military ID card - husband 22 years retired).

To be honest I was taken aback at seeing the AB8 letter and the percentage and am thinking that "Peggy" changed the information just to mess with my head - I actually laughed and pictured "Peggy" doing just that. I won't believe anything until I see the letter in my hands and/or the money in the bank. Did not put in for IU...don't think the contentions would add up to 100 (scheduler) rating with VA Math even though there are more then a few of em and still working though hanging on by a string.

Only time will tell........

Well, many have found that you cannot trust the accuracy of E Benefits. In the recent past, it's often been the case that E Benefits was the last thing to be updated to reflect the correct claim status. Perhaps the VA order of doing things has changed. If a large amount of retro money is involved, this can lengthen the VA process.

(One person that signs things can be on vacation, or sick, etc.)

I'd print a copy of the E Benefit documents, preferably with a decent color printer, since they show P&T, etc., and can allow you to obtain such things as a military ID card, allowing access to MWR facilities on military bases, and state tax related benefits.

Ad

Thanks Chuck....I did print a copy and save a file of each on microsoft word. I'm figuring they will realize their mistake eventually in reference to the percentage - already have access to exchange, commissary, TriCare etc through husband's 22 year retirement. Heh...we are all human and make mistakes.....

No matter how this goes in reference to an error or not....I really have to thank T-Bird for starting hadit.com and keeping it going..she's definitely a god-send, all the Elders who freely give of their time, experience and expertise in answering questions and all my fellow vets here on hadit.com that also help. The thing I missed most about leaving the military was the comradery.....whether stateside or in a $hitstorm. Spent years as a member of the "thin blue line" = law enforcement and although they are a tight group...the comradery was not even close as it was in the service. I found that feeling of comradery again here on hadit.com....I've learned so much that I've been able to help other vets in my community and sometimes even on hadit.com. Just had to say thanks to ALL!

Yes, I have seen it before. Often, the first way we know of an increase is the AB8 letter. The other stuff often follows that.

you should remember that any posted on EBenefits is not an official notification. Like the letters you receive from your VSO's this is a notification but not intended to be an official notification.

Although, you didn't apply for TDIU, the VA will award TDIU if they feel that you are unable to work. So, if you are working, you cannot be in receipt of TDIU. The whole purpose of this benefit is to pay those veterans that cannot work due to their sc conditions, but do not have enough to make it to the 100% (schedular)

you should be receiving your RD in about a week..