VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Some Help

Rate this question

ghillbe

Question

I need some help, I have a claim in for several items mostly pertaining to gulf war stuff, I have sent all requested info to the va. at the bottom of e-benifits page shows things were closed. How do i tell the va that i have submited info and look through the file? can i request a meeting to show the rater the info is in the file? this is my closed section:

med evid since service needed (Irritable bowel syndrome ? ibs is a presumtive so why do they need evidance since service. I submited a dbq from va dr and several 4138s explaining all info

gulf war registry exam? have had both a registry exam and c&p

all the continuity items have been opened and closed several times . I have lots of medical records and submited all to the va more than once and now I don't want to confuse them more. should i submit a 4138 explaining all the closed items or 4138 saying what date the info was submitted? or resubmit all info again?

Edited by ghillbe

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

This is a good example of why the VA needs to improve communication and update ebenefits. In the past, I have seen beneftis awarded after ebenefits says "closed". So, one thing you can try is just waiting 2 or 3 weeks. You can also try calling Peggy or emailing IRIS, but, those things are not reliable either. The whole VA is unreliable.

I would keep an eye on it, and if it does not work to your satisfaction,then resubmit evidence after 2-3 weeks. Make sure you note the "original" submission date, that it is a resubmission for effective date purposes.

ghillbe

I have had some similar issues with ebenefits and made several requests via IRIS and it all still remains the same. Stating evidence not received continuity not received or closed on such and such date. Don't have a clue as to what closed means LOL. Its funny! except I'm lost LOL. I mean you send in evidence yet they do not dissiminate what that evidence should be attached to: continuity, nexus, etc. It can be an outstanding system if someone to the time to match documents sent with documents requested instead of all the closing and then one blanket statement for the information being sent in as just medical evindence.

God bless and Good luck

eBenefits does not provide consistant or reliable information. If you have sent your items return receipt requested you have a record that they were received. Under my claims, they have a list of unsolicited Items that I have supposedly sent them, at the top of this list is two C&P reports. On my son's claim for dependant benefits (18 yo in college) everything listed is prior to the submission of the form except for the C&P exam related to my appeal. None of the list for that claim relates to that claim. My sense is some RO's do a good job with the eBenefits and have things in correctly, others it is clear they have not a clue what they are doing.

Until VA can maintain the data in eBenefits correctly and consistantly any attempt to go paperless will be a disaster.

I would not send in duplicate information, it will just confuse the VSR and RVSR. I would sumbit the 21-4138 and state what dates you submitted the earlier evidence.

Also, with the evidence showing as closed, not received . The VSR " Veteran Service Rep." probably just closed them instead of marking the correctly as received with the proper date. This fact could also be rectified with the use of the 4138. It's possible if you request that the dates be updated they will do such.

Also, I currently have a claim for IBS in with the VA. It is a presumptive, but sometimes they will ask for an etiology ( exact cause). I have a lumbar condition, and one examiner tried to blame it on that. The VA sent me for another C&P examine and this DR did several EMG's to discount the lumbar cause. So, it's possible they could possibly trying to blame it on something else.

Hope this helps a little bit, if there are any further questions I'll be more than willing to try and help.

The reason they are asking from service is to address it multiple ways. Yes it is a presumptive of gulf war, but say it isn't found to be due to GW. Now continuity comes into play. Say you have something in your strs showing diarrhea/ gastric issues/ or something to that effect. Now the rater must address it as die to service and not GW. Sjince you DTA requested proof from service to present now it can look at continuity. It is a standard DTA.

Try hearing loss... It canbe looked at as continuity and presumptive under organis issues under 3.309(a). The DTA will throw all ways to look at it. That way when the rater gets it the can either grant or deny from multiple angles.

Oh, and ebenefits is crap and never up to snuff. Most vsrs just close out the tracked items rather than receive. Bronco is right. Also the ab8 is probably your best bet. You can always ask for a reconsideration within one year and save original date. Jmho

Edited by T8r