VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu

Rate this question

Kadyrmacias

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I don't know either, but I'll play devils advocate.

If you are going to school full time, would you be actively looking for a job or would you only be looking for a job that is compatible with your schooling/schedule???

If I refuse to take a job because it is 2nd or third shift am I unemployable or just don't want that particular job??

I think you should apply. Go ahead, complete your voc rehab training, and get a job if you can. However, if you can not maybe you can get IU.

It hinges on your "ability to maintain substantial gainfull employment due to sc conditions".

Has your doc said you are unemployable? This is key evidence for IU. If your doc says you are employable, then you are unlikely to get IU. And, your doc is not likely to say you are unemployable if you are working.

Since it takes years (dont beleive the VA's rah rah of 120 days) to get IU, you can preserve the effective date by applying while you are seeking voc rehab. However, if you are successful in getting "substantial gainful employment" you wont be eligible for IU. The key is one year. YOu have to be working a full year..not 2 weeks.

Thanks for all ur replies, the doctor was trying to give me that option but I told him I'm doing cheater 31 at this moment, but I have decided to ask for it, but I don't know how to go about it. Since I have a new counselor for ptsd, at the dvc, I don't know if they able to help with this. I can't stand being around people I feel like chokin someone if there's a crowd, I don't think that's normal, but that's how I'm feeling.

Meant to say chapter 31