VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu

Rate this question

Kadyrmacias

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

A veteran that is enrolled in Voc Rehab can not be a receipant of TDIU. chapter 31, sections 3100-3121, 38CFR .

If a veteran is 100% schedular, they are entitled to apply for voc rehab.

If a veteran is receiving TDIU, voc rehab is not available to them. it states that if a service connected disability is so severe that it prevents a veteran from working the va will consider that veteran non-employable and pay the veteran at the 100%.

The purpose of voc rehab is to re-train a veteran to a job that he/she can do within the limits of their disabilities and hopefully obtain gainful employment after completion of the course.

Is a person applying for TDIU in receipt???? Seems if during the course of the claim a person was found to be TDIU it would be an indicator that Voc Rehab will not be successful and it would be discontinued with the award of TDIU. Back to my ealier post, if you are enrolled in Voc Rehab, are you even looking for gainful employment and furthermore, if applying for TDIU while enrolled in Voc Rehab I would suspect you would need some real solid evidence that something has substantially changed (medically) since the begining of the program that warrants a reconsideration of your status.

In this specific case the Veteran has indicated thier Doctor has expressed a concern on the employability of the individual.

I should certainly hope that if I was in Voc Rehab and had a major change in health it would not preclude me from being considered for TDIU.