VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Null

Rate this question

Silentshwan

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You need Doctor Bash to fix this for you.

The VA will deny this til the cows come home. This cancer is caused by exposure to asbestor, radiation, fuel, sand, silica, dust and a host of other items.

Asbestos usually takes years to show up unless you had heavy exposure and a good HRCT of the lung sould show it,

J

I quickly Skimmed your post, I am no doctor, but is seems to me the low/abnormal blood count at seperation would be one of the first clinical indicators of MM. I don't know that you need to base you argument on exposure. It seems to me you need that first oncologist to write you a clear and compelling nexus letter, that sites medical tests done on you in-service and during your exit physical as indicators the Disease process was already at work when you left the service and that same disease process has continued. Have they done a C&P yet?

Best regards,

Great advise above.......

yes you need an IMO, an independent medical opinion from a real doctor that oollows t the IMO criteria here at hadit.

Dr. Bash knows the criteria in and out.....

You arent looking so much for presumptive..... you are seeking direct SC for the MM.

!. the buddy statements should be detailed and they should explain they were either in your same unit or how their MOS put theminto a position to make a valid buddy statement. They should give the VA their email addy, phone number address, etc. and I always suggest they get their signature notarized. COPY everything you send to the VA. They like to lose our stuff.

2. My daughter had a Classified MOS..USAF Intel...that shouldn't be any problem on that. She was told that for VA purposes they could declassify what she did and where,to the extent they needed to for any VA claim.

3.I thin you were reviewing the VCAA letter here. Make sure you reply to that letter, it says Important Reply Requested,

did they send you the response form????

You can raise ANY potential reason VA should SC you.

I raised 3 issues for them to SC my husband's death.

I won on two issues and could have won n the third if I had gotten an IMO.

It is always a good idea to raise ANY potential inservice cause for a disability.

The 'weakest' apearing cause, could in fact be the one that can most easily be proven.

You sure did your VA 101 homework here veteran......

I am checking the Chronic presumtives... to see if that reg will help you and will reply again....

sorry I dont have time to go over them......have to leave.......worth checking out by everyone........I had a vet rep once who never heard of them. DUH!

It seems to me that all you need is an independant medical statement. I don't advocate paying any doctor for such a statement, however others will. I have always asked the doctors who treated me to write a statement concering the medical issue and had them include the va statement that a condition is " as likey as not", or " more likely than not" to have had its onset in service. Now to get such a statement a doctor must review all active duty medical records, and medical records since seperation. Since it takes a while for a conditon such as your to be diagnosed it is understandable that you may have no active duty medical records or diagnoses on active duty, and becaue it was diagnosed with in six months of seperation, it is very likely service connected. Keep in mind however you have to prove to the va that you incurred this disease while in service, sometimes eaiser said than done.. Best of Luck...

• HadIt.com Elder

This particular disease may not be on presumptive one year list, but I don't think that list is exhaustive. It does not stand to reason that you got this disease five months after you left the service. You had low white/red blood count while in service. MM is a chronic disease even if it is not on the presumptive list for one year presumptives.