Jump to content
  • Donation Box

    Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

  • 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims


    When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading
  • Ads

  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   


  • Advertisemnt

  • Advertisemnt

  • Ads

  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

    employment 2.jpeg

    You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

  •  ad-free-subscription-002.jpeg     fund-the-site.jpg

  • Searches Community Forums, Blog and more


Recommended Posts

You need Doctor Bash to fix this for you.

The VA will deny this til the cows come home. This cancer is caused by exposure to asbestor, radiation, fuel, sand, silica, dust and a host of other items.

Asbestos usually takes years to show up unless you had heavy exposure and a good HRCT of the lung sould show it,


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


I quickly Skimmed your post, I am no doctor, but is seems to me the low/abnormal blood count at seperation would be one of the first clinical indicators of MM. I don't know that you need to base you argument on exposure. It seems to me you need that first oncologist to write you a clear and compelling nexus letter, that sites medical tests done on you in-service and during your exit physical as indicators the Disease process was already at work when you left the service and that same disease process has continued. Have they done a C&P yet?

Best regards,

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great advise above.......

yes you need an IMO, an independent medical opinion from a real doctor that oollows t the IMO criteria here at hadit.

Dr. Bash knows the criteria in and out.....

You arent looking so much for presumptive..... you are seeking direct SC for the MM.

!. the buddy statements should be detailed and they should explain they were either in your same unit or how their MOS put theminto a position to make a valid buddy statement. They should give the VA their email addy, phone number address, etc. and I always suggest they get their signature notarized. COPY everything you send to the VA. They like to lose our stuff.

2. My daughter had a Classified MOS..USAF Intel...that shouldn't be any problem on that. She was told that for VA purposes they could declassify what she did and where,to the extent they needed to for any VA claim.

3.I thin you were reviewing the VCAA letter here. Make sure you reply to that letter, it says Important Reply Requested,

did they send you the response form????

You can raise ANY potential reason VA should SC you.

I raised 3 issues for them to SC my husband's death.

I won on two issues and could have won n the third if I had gotten an IMO.

It is always a good idea to raise ANY potential inservice cause for a disability.

The 'weakest' apearing cause, could in fact be the one that can most easily be proven.

You sure did your VA 101 homework here veteran......

I am checking the Chronic presumtives... to see if that reg will help you and will reply again....

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry I dont have time to go over them......have to leave.......worth checking out by everyone........I had a vet rep once who never heard of them. DUH!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to me that all you need is an independant medical statement. I don't advocate paying any doctor for such a statement, however others will. I have always asked the doctors who treated me to write a statement concering the medical issue and had them include the va statement that a condition is " as likey as not", or " more likely than not" to have had its onset in service. Now to get such a statement a doctor must review all active duty medical records, and medical records since seperation. Since it takes a while for a conditon such as your to be diagnosed it is understandable that you may have no active duty medical records or diagnoses on active duty, and becaue it was diagnosed with in six months of seperation, it is very likely service connected. Keep in mind however you have to prove to the va that you incurred this disease while in service, sometimes eaiser said than done.. Best of Luck...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Ads

  • Ad

  • Latest News
  • Our picks

    • I filed for my mitral valve regurgitation heart disease secondary to a service-connected condition on 7-30-18. It was granted on 8-30-18. Since I filed for this heart valve issue and was awarded, can I still file for hypertension ? I have been seeing comments that you should file for hypertension first and file for heart disease as a secondary. Can I file for hypertension as a secondary to my heart disease ? I am alittle confused on this matter.

    • How to Change the Theme - Look and Colors
      How to Change the Theme - Look and Colors
      • 5 replies
    • For Calculating Retro

      VA Disability Compensation Rates 2012 | 2011 | 2010-2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999

      Prior to 1999 check here https://www.hadit.com/va-disability-compensation-rates-historic-for-retro-calculation/
      • 0 replies
    • I am a 100% disabled veteran, At first I was super excited to find out I am getting retro pay for back benefits to 2006. But that was over 2 months ago. I been waiting and waiting and calling to ask them wheres my back pay. They first told me "one month" than I call again. The guy started reading a script of basically "we are malingering on paying you" type crap. I was wondering if there is any number I can call besides that 800-827-1000 number to inquire about my status. I don't know why its taken so long when there is specific information telling them from the judge that VA owes. 

      There was a remanded to see if I was eligible for IU (I get it now since 2014 im actually 90% with 10 of that been IU). I been on SS since 2004. Can Someone help me out? Thank you
      • 6 replies
    • You might have a 38 CFR 3.156 situation-

      meaning the VA might have considered your claim in 95/96 as "not well grounded" and failed to even get your STRs.Or they did get your STRs but never considered the specific entry you cited here.

      Lots of discussion under a search, of 38 CFR. 3.156 (a)(b) (c) ---here is a winner:



        • Thanks

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines