VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My C&p

Rate this question

Lawrence1

Question

C&P results Diagonsis #1 Schrizophrenia ,residual type. Axis #1 Diagonis #2 Depressive Disorder NOS Axis #1 Axis #2 No evidence of any Axis II personality order,or substance abuse. Axis #3 medical diagnoses no TBI see medical chart. Axis #4 Psychosocial and Eviromental Problems [ Wife with MH problems bipolar, minor problems at work for absenteeism [ sick days and FMLA time , Sons legal issues. FMLA is for Wifes bipolar. Axis #5GAF of 53. Does the vet have more than one mental disorder dx ?[Y] Is it possible to differentiate what symptom is/are attributable to each dx,[Y] Schizophrenianresidual type- paranoia, affective flattening, minor disorganization of speech/thought. Depressive Disorder NOS- mixed anxiety/depression, frequent tearfullness, anhedonia ,lower libido. Occupational and social impairment in most areas [ 70%] Is it possible to differentiate what portion of the occupational and social impairment indicated above is caused by each mental disorder ? [ N]. Differentiation would be speculative. Symptoms; Depressed mood [Y] Suspiciousness [Y] Flattened affect [Y] Speech intermittently illogical, obscure, or irrelevent; Remarks; Cooperative,open . SPEECH;Coherent,halting at times, verbose/rambling. MOOD;mild dysphoria. AFFECT; flattened; HALLUCINATIONS; denied; THOUGHT PROCESS; Grossly Logical, but some minor disorganization observed. Pt endorsed paranoid thoughts about coworkers and supervisors; Suicidial thoughts denied; ORIENTED X4; MEMORY; recenr/remote intact. ATTENTION. poor to fair. Pt easily distractid and needs redirection. JUDGMENT; poor to fair; INSIGHT; poor to fair; Regarding dx; the veteran meets DSM-IV for a continuing dx of Schizophrenia, residual type, as paranoiac delusions, affective blunting, and some disorganization of thought still persist. In contrast to his most recent tx providers [ who GAF scores indicated mild-moderate severity].,this exminer opines that the condition is of moderate severity in its negative impact on social/familial and occupational functioning for this veteran The Veteran also meets criteria for Depressive Disorder NOS [mixed anxiety/depression], that per review of his old discharge records indicate claim of depression, is at least as likely as nt secondary to his Schizophrenia. Mood disorders often accompany psychosies, often in reaction to the social/career devastation psychotic disorders render. While the veterans mental illness surely causes significant diddiculties with work and family life, and he has little to no unproblematic social support, he is not currently judged to be unemployable based solely on his psychiatric status. DONE I have held a job at a warehouse for 15 years,its not easy foe me. Years ago I was committed against my will into the Va psych ward three different times.So I learnedto stay out of trouble away from most people and keep out of the hospital That method worked until I developed prostate problems and went to the VA for help..I lasted about 4 years of Primary Care only until late 2010 and then I started getting depressed. All of 2011 kept getting worse so I told my Primary Care doctor about my depression and my having a history of MH issues.She dx me with depression and ask me to get a full MH assessment.The assessment was that I had depression/anxiety and needed meds and therapist . All of 2012 ihave been going to the MH doctor and therapist and I am on Sertraline 50mg tab 1/2 each night also 1/2 tab od .25 mg of resperdol to take the edges off at least the nurse describes it that way I am wondering about the C&P results ? And somewhat worried the disolving the edges can lead to me getting into trouble again.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

My two cents and an attempt to bump this thread so that the more experienced and knowledgeable members might share their input:

My first question to you would be - Do you believe that the C&P examiners remarks/evaluations are correct in regards to describing your occupational and social impairment and your symptoms?

Were you open and honest concerning the difficulties you have been having both at work/home? OR did you mitigate your problems because of your prior experience (being involuntarily committed)?

• HadIt.com Elder

You know I had almost the same DX about 40 years ago when I got out of the army. The difference was I had no job and I had a substance abuse history. I got 10% rating. I think when you were committed to the VA hospital all those times you should have gotten 100%. By staying away from the VA and working for 15 years this has hurt your chances of getting a higher rating. Usually, the difference between the schizophrenic who is 100% and 50% or less is your ability to work. You probably did yourself a favor by staying away from the VA since you have a life and are not institutionalized or living under a bridge.