VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Put In For Tdiu

Rate this question

BUZZ

Question

I work part time and I'm suppose to be call back to work in a couple of months,I am on unemployment checks now and my sc conditions are brothering more,thinking of quiting getting unemplyment checks,and put in for iu.I know you can't collect checks if you are unable to go back to work,if the condition is getting any worse,should I apply for iu? I'm sc at 90%

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If your condition is getting worse and you have medical evidence to prove that you cannot work full time solely due to SC conditions I would put in for IU. I ask about your age because if you are over 40 and can only work part time you probably will never be able to find and hold a decent job in this economy. Unless you want to try vocational rehabilitation decent jobs are hard to find for the disabled.

• HadIt.com Elder

You can still file for SSDI, and if you win, your SS rate would be the full rate, you would have received, at full retirement age and you'd probably get a retro check from when you took retirement. If you can survive on current income level I'd file for TDIU, also. jmo

pr