VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Would Fileing For Fibro Be Beneficial? Your Thoughts.

Rate this question

fiasco007

Question

Ok, i've been reading alot about Fibromyalgia, and I have every symptom I can find, some of the related symptoms I have been rated for by the VA already. But, I have never been diagnosed with FMS, and the Drs have never even brought it up despite seeing me for every symptom and condition related to it. My question is;

If i filed a claim for FMS, would they take away my ratings for anything that could be a symptom of Figro? "i.e migrains, joint pain, insomnia ect ect" and just give me the one rating for FMS lowering my overall %?

I ask this cause I have seen a few others on here lately talk about FMS as well, and this might be able to help them too.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Well first off, don't even consider filing until you have a diagnosis of fibromyalgia.

As for losing SC for a injury/disease. If you have held SC for an injury or disease for 10 years they cannot sever that connection unless they can prove fraud. If those conditions were found to exist and were deemed idiopathic (not sure of causation) then they might consider any fibro rating based on those same symptoms as pyramiding. In that case they would need to rate those conditions under the SC disease/inury that is most favorable to you. If you have held a specific rating % for 20 years or more they cannot reduce it.

Currently your profile lists 0% Do you currently hold any ratings?

Best regards,

Could you have residuals of infectious mononucleosis? I had that in the military, then developed Hodgkin's Disease lymphoma, Bell's Palsy, coupled with a whole lot of symptoms very close to fibromyalgia. (sp?) Although, I was confirmed as being diagnosed and treated for mononucleosis in the military, as evidenced in my SMR's, the VA has denied me due to their belief that the mononucleosis did not affect me later in life.

Of course, under the Hodgkin's Disease and Bell's Palsy conditions (diagnosis and treatment for both, chemotherapy and surgery on the Hodgkin's) the VA denied my claim of these as secondary conditions to mononucleosis, because they could find no record in service.

Now it may be just me.....but that logic makes absolutely no sense. But I'll NOD it anyway.

So basically what I was trying to say though is that mono and fibro have similar systems......fatigue, immunity problems, etc.

Good luck on your fight, and thanks for your service.

Mark

If you are a Gulf War Veteran and get the fibro diagnosis:

“Gulf War Veterans who develop
fibromyalgia do not have to prove a connection
between their illnesses and military service to be eligible to
receive VA disability
compensation
. Fibromyalgia must have emerged during active duty
in the Southwest
Asia theater of military operations
or by December 31, 2016, and
be at least 10 percent disabling. “