VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can The Imo Use A Collection Of Events As The Basis Of A Nexus?

Rate this question

JuanP

Question

Hi you all. Much thanks for all the help you have given me in the past. Over
the last 2 yrs my brain has turned to mush and so I can't keep up with all of
the information. (Morphine, percocets, etc.)

I did try to search, but can't seem to follow much or filter information. So
if my question has ben answered, please point me in the direction.

About 3 weeks ago I got my letter in response to my NOD. So that the BVA is
next.

My GP is going to look through my records in order to write an IMO for me. (After reading Carlys post, I may not go this route)

This step in particular has caused me a huge burder because of several
mental hangups. Most can be attributed to stress, fear, not being able to say
what I need or want.

So, he has agreed and I have in the last week forged once again through my
SMR and other medical records.

My question, I think, is this:

Can a collection of events be pointed to in the IMO as the
Nexus as opposed to one singular origin?

These events all take place between April 91 and Early June 92

My issue is with my spine. Lower Back pain and Neck. I have cervical spinal stenosis, and DDD

Thanks.

Edited by JuanP
  • Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, the doctor should list and discuss each event and how it contributed to your present disability.

He is going to have to explain how a series of events during a year were the cause of your stenosis and DDD. 1991-92 is over 20 years ago. Do you have SMR's that show injuries in-service to your neck and back? The doctor needs to show the progression of these chronic conditions over 20 years and how it all started in 91-92 while you were in the service. Have you been in treatment since the military? I am just trying to see like the VA might see it.

John

Yes, I was seen by Dr.'s while in the Navy. There were 3 seperate and distinct events with at least 2 visits to medical about each. Not including a double hernia (which I had an operation for) Got out in '93. Short version, I didn't have insurance til '99. At that time, my Dr. did note that I had been seen Chiropractors (I couldn't get the chiro records, destroyed) on and off for years. Chain of progression from 99 to a spinal fusion surgery (2 discs) (with DDD at that time) in 01 then continual back issues until diagnosed with Stenosis in 2010 (Jan.). I applied for VA Med benefits when I lost my job in 09. Started going to VA in Nov(?) 2009.

Between 93-95 I lived w/ sis who filled the form attesting to my constant back problems.

They service connected me for the hernia last yr at 0%.

I wasn't sure if each one would definitively prove,, but when I list it all, I can't help but think that it's obvious. less than ten yrs later MRI and xrays show DDD, which from what I read takes ten yrs to develop that much.........

Thanks for your time.

I really do appreciate you all. The only lifeline I have comes from this place.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use