VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Opionion

Rate this question

ron68

Question

hi all just a question on a c&p exam claimed depression as a secondary condition had my exam picked up a copy says not related to my millitary service but i did not claim it as direct service connection i claimed it as secondary to sleep apnea, shoudint have said least likley as not, or likley as not or something in regards to that. i dont see were their is a medical opinion for it being connected to my sleep apnea.or not connected. will they ask for a medical opinion, thank you for any insight and answers

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

"will they ask for a medical opinion"

Ask who...the C & P exam is considered by VA as the medical opinion.

I think you need a strong ' independent 'medical opinion that gives a
full medical rationale for linking the depression to the sleep apnea.

The linkage of depression as secondary to SA is possible but you need a real doctor to say that. We have a forum here on IMOs.

hi berta thank you for your reply, maybe i did not state my question right. when i claimed sinusitis as a secondary condition to my sc asthma the va asked the va hospital doctor if it was at least as likley as not related to my sc asthma. but when i claimed depression as secondary to my sc sleep apnea as far as i can tell the va never asked if it was at least as liklley related, the va doctor just stated it was not directly related to my military service. wich i i am not mistaken would be a direct service connection not a secondary that i claimed. thanks for any information

hi berta thank you for your reply, maybe i did not state my question right. when i claimed sinusitis as a secondary condition to my sc asthma the va asked the va hospital doctor if it was at least as likley as not related to my sc asthma. but when i claimed depression as secondary to my sc sleep apnea as far as i can tell the va never asked if it was at least as liklley related, the va doctor just stated it was not directly related to my military service. wich i i am not mistaken would be a direct service connection not a secondary that i claimed. thanks for any information

Scan and upload the C&P and Rating Decision -

first make a copy of it and mark thru the personal info like name, address, claim #, etc...

or do it with your computer program if you know how.

hello again, i dont have a scanner at the moment so i cant upload my docs, and my claim has not ben rated yet it is in the pending decision phase, i was just worried because nowere on the c&p report states the magic word at least as likley than not. i did read the bva data base and saw a few claims remanded back to the ro asking them to get a medical opinion with the words at least as likley than not. i also saw atleast one claim on appeal with the bva granted service connected for depression being secondary to asthma with sleep apnea. it seems like all claims had to go on appeal i was just trying to fix this if possible before i need to appeal mine.

Getting depression service connected to asthma,in my opinion, would need a strong IMO (Independent Medical Opinion)from a non VA shrink.