VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Opionion

Rate this question

ron68

Question

hi all just a question on a c&p exam claimed depression as a secondary condition had my exam picked up a copy says not related to my millitary service but i did not claim it as direct service connection i claimed it as secondary to sleep apnea, shoudint have said least likley as not, or likley as not or something in regards to that. i dont see were their is a medical opinion for it being connected to my sleep apnea.or not connected. will they ask for a medical opinion, thank you for any insight and answers

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

hi carle and berta i have service connected asthma and service connected sleep apnea they lumped it all under asthma with sleep apnea i claimed depression secondary to sleep apnea not the asthma but i have chronic asthma for 25 + years now i take 3 inhalers nebuliser plus 10 mg prednisone daily and i just found out the lung damage is now the beggining of copd my lungs were damaged in service i have ben rated 60% for asthma since 1989 i have read statments from people trying to get depression secondary to a sprained ankle that is not the case with me. i am just not sure why the RO did not ask for a connection between my sleep apnea and the depression at my c&p.