VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"hip Hip Hooray" And Let Me Say It Again 'hip Hip Hooray"...my Dic Deposit Showed Up In My Bank Account!

mrs rockman (widow of vet)

Question

I had this feeling that I needed to go online and check my bank balance this morning....and THERE IT WAS- MY DIC RETRO!! I am so excited and this has taken so much off of me. I just want to dance! Now, as soon as I know that the monies are not going anywhere, I will apply it all towards my car balance. Rockman bought me a new car the end of December 2011. This is the first new car that we have ever bought.You see Rockman wanted to make sure that I had a reliable car to drive and that I would not need a new car for a long long time.He was always thinking of me, not himself. The new Ford was just a tad bit more than a used car with mileage. This payment will bring my balance down to a very manageable amount.

As you can see, I am so excited that I want to shout!!

Relieved and thankful,

Celia, Mrs. R

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

pr,

No, he did not have this. At the time we got a better deal without it and the bank we went through did not offer credit life. Looking back, we should have checked other banks. You know, with him being terminal at the time, it was a hard subject to bring up. At that time his lungs were stabilized and his heart was not as bad. He had a very hard time bringing up how things would be after he was gone and I can understand it.I wish we had, but I cannot look back.I am just so grateful about him going to such lengths to get me to a good place financially so he would not worry so much. I know he worried, but he would never let you in on that.

I will post later on doing a NOD on his A& A that was denied two weeks before he passed away.

God is good, I know that!

Celia

Celia, this is Wonderful!!!!!!!

By all means work on the NOD but enjoy this Victory toooooooooooooo.

I know the feeling. This is what they earned for US spouses.

Veterans to me, more than the civilian population , seem to care very much about their spouses if they die.

I might have a diet Mountain dew and a brownie to celebrate with you......oooops maybe not- I just had my cholesterol blood work done and headed straight to Mc Donalds for an enormous breakfast of cholesterol!!!! Gotta admit, it was delicious.....

GREAT news and I feel your RELIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Berta, you yourself know what a relief it is to a widow to have her DIC completed. I do consider myself very fortunate with my "short" wait, for you had to wait way way too long for yours. I feel so guilty when you hear of other widows along with yourself that had to wait such a long time!

"By all means work on the NOD but enjoy this Victory toooooooooooooo"

Yes, I will work on it, but I forgot where I saw on here recently about filling out the paper for me being the claimant. I will send it in myself, for the VSO says do not do a NOD, for I will be taking time away from other vet's claims that have big families.

And yes, I will enjoy myself!!

"I know the feeling. This is what they earned for US spouses.

Veterans to me, more than the civilian population , seem to care very much about their spouses if they die."

Veterans are a very special special breed!! I can say that I was very fortunate to have a great husband like David. Yes, his PTSD would drive me up the wall sometimes, but you know, that was just who he was after returning home. I never knew the kind of person he was before he went to Vietnam, for I did not meet him until 7 years after. I know I was told that when he came home, he was not the same person. When our guys come home, they do not come home completely.

The books from the Vet Center ("Once a Warrior, Always a Warrior- in the guy's group and "Tears of a Warrior"-in my support group) and the weekly support groups have helped me trememdously try and understand PTSD. With understanding this, it helped me understand David more and watch out for "triggers". This does not go in this forum, but I just wanted to add it.

I will also post later on another claim that I have until March 1st to do a NOD and I will need advice.

They have on the award letter with service connection for the cause of death- they put "cause of death is shown as cardiac arrest due to systolic heart failure due to pulmonary hypertension due to pulmonary fibrosis.

The last two conditions were previously denied!!

"I might have a diet Mountain dew and a brownie to celebrate with you......oooops maybe not- I just had my cholesterol blood work done and headed straight to Mc Donalds for an enormous breakfast of cholesterol!!!! Gotta admit, it was delicious....."

Thanks for the celebration thought anyway! It is the thought that realy counts.

Now, I am just waiting on the heater man to figure out why my house is taking so long to heat. With low temps tonight and possible ice, I would much prefer a warm and toasty house.

Celia

Celia, This is great day!!!! I'm so happy for you!

God Bless you!

Ralph

Thanks Ralph and I know that God is good and I know he blesses you!

Celia