VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"hip Hip Hooray" And Let Me Say It Again 'hip Hip Hooray"...my Dic Deposit Showed Up In My Bank Account!

mrs rockman (widow of vet)

Question

I had this feeling that I needed to go online and check my bank balance this morning....and THERE IT WAS- MY DIC RETRO!! I am so excited and this has taken so much off of me. I just want to dance! Now, as soon as I know that the monies are not going anywhere, I will apply it all towards my car balance. Rockman bought me a new car the end of December 2011. This is the first new car that we have ever bought.You see Rockman wanted to make sure that I had a reliable car to drive and that I would not need a new car for a long long time.He was always thinking of me, not himself. The new Ford was just a tad bit more than a used car with mileage. This payment will bring my balance down to a very manageable amount.

As you can see, I am so excited that I want to shout!!

Relieved and thankful,

Celia, Mrs. R

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks Ralph and I know that God is good and I know he blesses you!

Celia

I'm not a big talker, but a big cryer. Depression I fight every day, some good and some bad. I'm sad for you and proud for you!!!!

Stay on line with Hadit, we need surviver like you!

God bless

I'm not a big talker, but a big cryer. Depression I fight every day, some good and some bad. I'm sad for you and proud for you!!!!

Stay on line with Hadit, we need surviver like you!

God bless

Ralph, you just hang in there and I know God is helping you get through each day. Rockman also dealt with so much depression and PTSD and I felt so helpless a lot of the time. I knew when he needed to be by himself and with his own thoughts.

When you said that you were sad for me and proud for me, it made me want to cry, but to cry in a good way not in a bad way. I just want to make sure you know you did not upset me at all!!!

I play to stay here on Hadit, but I am such a small part and there are so many good people on here that makes this entire Hadit Place really work!!

God Bless You also!

Celia

• HadIt.com Elder

I am so happy you got it done. Rockman lives on through you. Now you can relax and live a little.

This process is not an easy one to undertake, but once you are successful you end up with an education that is more valuable than most people can imagine.

John

I am so happy you got it done. Rockman lives on through you. Now you can relax and live a little.

This process is not an easy one to undertake, but once you are successful you end up with an education that is more valuable than most people can imagine.

John

John, thank you and yes such a relief comes over you when everything is finally finalized!

I thought once I was awarded my DIC that I would want to be through with research here on Hadit, but you know it just does not work that way. It is addictive in that the more you learn, the more you want to learn. I feel like I owe it to David to keep on researching and I do not get tired of it.

I know I could not have done all this without HADIT!! A big thank you!

Celia

Great to hear, Celia! smile.png

Chata & I have been enjoying many fun adventures in Rockman's honor this prospecting season.

Get that heat fixed!

Kelly, I am still floating and am so greatful for all of this!

I have been wondering how your season had been going, but just never did get around to checking in on you. I know Rockman would have been honored with this!

Misty (aka Mitty Girl or Misty Bisty) says woof woof to Chata. Misty is my 13 year old border collie and has been so conforting to me. When David was not feeling well, Misty would not leave his side. Dogs realy sense how you are doing, whether it be physicaly or emotionally. They are the best medicine you can get.

When David passed away, Misty would lay by the bedroom door waiting on him to come out. She just did not know what to think about it and grieved so much for him.

Then last month, I had to put down Lady Bugs, my Shih Tzu of 15 years. That was hard, but it was the most humane thing to do. Now then, Misty still looks for Lady Bugs. Misty would not go for walks without Ladybugs. I tell Misty that it is she and I now and I will take care of her. She knowS when I am sad and just gives me kisses.

I did get my heat fixed and that is a good thing.

Have a good day!biggrin.png

Celia