VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Big Question On A Cue

Rate this question

Hollis

Question

I just back from my VSO, I was with him for about 11/2 hours. We found several mistakes the VA has made over the passed several years. UPDATE: in 1984 I was denied SC for hearing loss and tinitus, they just sent me the letter saying I was denied. I being young and dumb at the time said the hell with it. In 2009 I asked that my claim be reopen and it was. I had to jump thru the loops to prove my nexus. MY SMR shows I had slight hearing loss when I went into the service and that was the reason I was denied. I also was never given a C&P, I have documentation from memos from inside the VA to cancell my C&P. I have filed a cue and NOD 2-3 times. still they are said it was preexisting. But the kicker, they grated me my SC based on the that it was agaggravated due to my time in service. My ETS physical shows that my hearing was pencil in showing all "0" (better than super man) in all areas. So I have my SMR show slight hearing going in and granted SC for aggravation and exiting the service showing I have great hearing .My VSO said I might want to send this thru one of my SENATORS OR REPRESENTATIVES, however he warned me that the VA might retaliate and not grant me my TDIU if I show how wrong and flawed the were, and EMbarrassed them in A congressional investigation.. BTW one of my senator in on the veteran affairs board. So my question is, and I only asking for opinions here, should I file this with my senator that sits on the VA board or just hope I can get TDUI. I know the back pay would be large, vs. THE MONTHY CHECK of 100%. I know it all would be nice, and the money is seconary right now, I just want justis.

Thanks,

Hollis

Dog Handler 38th sdp

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Stick with you IU claim for now.

You may or may not have a CUE, keep in mind that CUE's

apply to the law's and regs in effect at the time the CUE was or

was not made.

Also, you posted this possible CUE was made on a Rating Decision (RD)

in 1984, for Hearing Loss and Tinnitus.

Are you aware that a CUE has to be worded and filed with specificity

and very clearly.

Also, absolutely no medical evidence or that is dated after the 1984

can be considered in a CUE, only the evidence and laws at the time

the CUE was made.

Ok I will hold off for now. I have a year to file NOD. But I think the AO and TDIU will come way after that , so that would make it moot. But there is no gurantee that I will get TDIU and then the appeal date would have passed. But as alwys, I put my trust in here as there are some very smart veterans here. thanks

."My VSO said I might want to send this thru one of my SENATORS OR
REPRESENTATIVES, however he warned me that the VA might retaliate and
not grant me my TDIU if I show how wrong and flawed the were,
and EMbarrassed them in A congressional investigation.. "

It is EVIDENCE that makes claims succeed.

I have been an outspoken critic of the VA for almost 20 years. One case I had took 6 years and the other one took 8 years.

It wasnt a question of evidence so maybe they did retaliate against me...I dont care..... I got the Cash anyhow.

"BTW one of my
senator in on the veteran affairs board. So my question is, and I only
asking for opinions here, should I file this with my senator that sits
on the VA board or just hope I can get TDUI. I know the back pay would
be large, vs. THE MONTHY CHECK of 100%. I know it all would be nice, and
the money is seconary right now, I just want justis"

You applied for TDIU. When you got the 70% VA determined in tat decision that you were not eligible for TDIU.

If you have evidence that overcomes their rationale at that time of TDIU, you will succeed in your TDIU claim.

I knew Bob Filner when he was Chair of the H VAC because I talked to him many times via old SVR radio shows I did with Jerrel Cook.

I wrote to him of an error the VA was continually making on my claim and asked what I could do.

The CHairman of the BVA wrote back to me.

Basically the error was noted by the BVA but they awarded anyhow.

The award I got had nothing to do with H VAC CHairman Filner's letter to the BVA.

The award came from my probative evidence.

Congressman/women and Senators cannot make a claim succeed. only evidence does that.

I love CUE claims but dont get your point.

A CUE has to have a manifested altered outcome, meaning they rated you wrong when they gave you a Zero SC %.

Carlie gave you the exact nitty gritty.

John is right too!~

Sorry Hollis I forgot........What is your AO claim for?

Is it a Nehmer claim under the 3 new presumptives?

Edited by Berta

Morning Berta, my CUE is on my hearing. I filed for a claim on my hearing back in 84. I was never given a C&P, I was just denied. But since I have gotten my SMR, I have found things to support my CUE. My AO is on IHD CAD, and with that I filed for TDIU. I know you are very knowledgeable in this area, and I trust your thoughts and suggestions. Man I would love fo you to look over this for me.

If you have a Nehmer AO claim, it is best to contact NVLSP if the
VA ever denied you for IHD or CAD in the past.

Everything I know about CUE is in our CUE forum and here is my
post as to how I won a CUE. .

In our Anniversary Show in January at SVR (in the archives) I revealed why I do not handle or discuss claims off the hadit forum...anymore .

I had a request to do that at about 6 30 this AM from an old hadit member.

I referred them back here.... they might have to rejoin the site.

Please Dont take this personally. I think anyone would understand if they hear that show in our SVR archives. Jan 30th? I think it was.

Edited by Berta