VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is A Vcaa Letter Or Notice

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

What is a VCAA Notice and who sends it to you and what does it say and what does it look like. Should it be listed on your remand from the BVA , when you are at the Management Center?

Josephine

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Josephine- not putting up with you at all veteran-just trying to help

You are asking very good questions-what you are presenting here might even be helping another vet out there in hyperspace who is reading as a guest-

I didnt mean to sound negative-

we are trying just to sort it all out-

Is it possible that you can get a good Independent Medical opinion to properly diagnose you with the MMPI, Weschler, etc tests?

I regret that this can be costly but then again sometimes a private doc who treats a vet might do it for a very reasonable fee-

some vets even get free IMOs from private docs.

A good IMO doctor, who reviews all of your military records too, might well be able to support in service anxiety or depression or whatever that the VA could service connect-

Mental Disorders, as ratable by the VA ,fall into only 8 Specific categories-

38 CFR 4.130 (2005)

A veteran who was never properly diagnosed inservice or by the VA can spend years fighting with them- when an additional diagnosis by a real shrink-with a full medical rationale -can turn this all around-

One of my best friends filed a claim for his manic bi polar depressive disorder over twelve years ago-the biggest hurdle he had was that this diagnosis was not in his SMRs at all-he did have a good SO- but-

when I finally realised

1. the Navy didnt understand manic bi polar at all during the days he served-(1960s)

2. he had in his personnel file some detrimental reports and spent brig time-

we were able to prove that these few isolated unusal events (they were quite bizarre) was first manifestation in service of his bi polar disorder and last year he was awarded 100% P & T by the BVA-after 12 long years!

A good IMO can do wonders to help a claim.

It would have to completely demolish the inservice medical reports but this can be done.

Your Mil board review sounds a lot like the Kangeroo courts the Army used in the 1960s because they had over-enlistment numbers.we were at Peace with Korea, and they needed to get rid of some Army personnel.

• HadIt.com Elder

Josephine,

An "EED" stands for an "Earlier Effective Date". In my case, it appears that, even though I did not ask them to, they are actually considering giving me an "Earlier Effective Date" for my claim. In other words, they are going to go back, I guess, to the original date of my discharge (due to the fact that I have documentation for my State Department of Vocational Rehabilitation and a couple of Orthopedic Doctor's examinations from the month after my discharge, stating that I am totally disabled). And, I stated in my "Statement In Support Of Claim" that immediately following my discharge I was found to be "totally disabled" and had not improved since my discharge, but, instead, had become worse (statements from my wife (an R.N.) and statements from my brother (a Fed. Dist. Judge) and statements from my private physician and statements from fellows that have known me since high school)).

Lessee, I was discharged in '65.

I've got my eye on a new car for my wife...............a nice new car...........wonder if I can pay for it?

I know, I know. Don't count my chickens before they hatch!

But, a fellow can dream, can't he? :rolleyes:

• HadIt.com Elder

Josephine,

As Berta has so ably pointed out. You need at least one good, favorable "at least as likely as not" ( at least as likely as not to have occurred, to have been responsible for, to be medically possible, etc., according to whatever the opinion is that you are seeking ). You need at least one of these IMOs (Independent Medical Opinions ) and you need it with a VERY well qualified doctor, a doctor whose speciality is in the field of practice concerning your particular illness, injury, whatever. If there is a medical school nearby, it is often easy to call them up, tell them what you need, and be seen by a Clinical Professor in that speciality. It is very hard for the VA to rebut the written testimony of a doctor so well qualified in his speciality as to be teaching other doctors. I know about this, personally, because that is exactly what I did, in my case.

• HadIt.com Elder

oh, and make sure that they review your SMRs (Service Medical Records) and make sure that they state they did review your SMRs in their Opinion that they give to you.

• HadIt.com Elder
oh, and make sure that they review your SMRs (Service Medical Records) and make sure that they state they did review your SMRs in their Opinion that they give to you.

Long Rider,

Hope that you get a million! I went to a Board Certified Psychiatrist. Stated that he did his residency at a Va hospital and knew exactly what I needed. He stated that after 42 years he could not say with any certainty if anxiety started in service or not. He would not add that he had my SMS's either.

Axis 1 - Chronic Anxiety Disorder

Axis 2 _

Axis 3 _

Axis 4 - Appears veteran remembers things too well to not be true

Axis 5 - Gaf - 60

Stated that fear of death in the swimmimg pool could have caused PTSD, but very rare!

That was the extend of his IMO.

I never turned it in to the Va.

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

LongRider

Have you not worked since 1965 due to service connected problems? I am pretty shocked that the VA is considering an EED without being dragged kicking and screaming. We are talking about a lot of money.