VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sucessful Claim! Crazy Timeline! Thank You All!

Rate this topic

Imtellinellen

Sucessful Claim!

-Timeline-

June 2011 -

6th VA claim filed

October 2011 -

1st Gathering of dust phase on Ebenefits, no other info available online

November 2011 -

2nd Finished submitting all evidence, called Peggy to verify that no more evidence was needed at this time.

15th VA reports that my medical records can not be located and my claim proceeds using alternate evidence I had previously submitted

February 2013 (yes, no updates for quite a while) -

2nd First and only C&P Exam (30 minute exam, I felt as though I was treated fairly by the examiner, he was brief but thorough)

22nd Ebenefits jumps to Pending decision approval

25th Ebenefits jumps to complete, decision letter sent

26th The link to download VA letters on ebenefits shows AB8 with monthly award ($2816) and benefit explorer shows 70% rating when refreshed.

Today Brown packet arrives in the mail with full explanation on decision (70% TDIU), I call Peggy to find out that the Retroactive Back Pay ($42,500) was sent to wrong account number! Peggy changes my direct deposit info to the correct account number and assures me that in about 14 days the back pay check will be deposited into my checking account and that the VA computer system shows my first compensation payment will hit my checking account in 2 days time.

That's my story. I've been reading these forums for a very long time and I decided that I owe each and every one of you a hug and a thank you for all the great information I've come across. You all have helped keep me sane during this complicated process.

I don't know what else to write at the moment but I'll keep you informed of any changes and I'll answer any questions if you guys and gals have 'em.

Thank you all and good luck in your battles. They can be won.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another amazing adjudication that's a blessing Congrats and Thank You for your service and for sharing such an uplifting story !!!! smile.png

Fabulous News!!!!!

This is really great and you deserve this award due to your sacrifice for the USA.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use