VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Travel Pay...

Rate this question

rpowell01

Question

I know this isn't part of ebenefits but I looked at my bank account and it appears certain VA Medical Centers, James A Haley in Tampa for one, are now paying travel pay with direct deposit....The Code is MISC PAY 36 TREAS 310.....This is just for information purposes just in case anybody may need to know in the future.

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Check the va.gov website

http://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/resources/BeneTravelFAQ.asp

This should help too

Veterans rated 30% or more SC for travel relating to any condition

Veterans rated less than 30% for travel relating to their SC condition

Veterans receiving VA pension benefits for all conditions

Veterans with annual income below the maximum applicable annual rate of pension for all conditions

Veterans who can present clear evidence that they are unable to defray the cost of travel

Veterans traveling in relation to a Compensation and Pension (C&P) Examination

Certain veterans in certain emergency situations

Certain non-veterans when related to care of a veteran (attendants & donors)

Beneficiaries of other Federal Agencies (when authorized by that agency)

Allied Beneficiaries (when authorized by appropriate foreign government agency)

Return to the Top of the Page

• HadIt.com Elder

What are eligibility requirements for travel pay? I've only collected it after C&P exams. Never for regular doctor appointments.

They pay 41.5 cents per mile, round trip from your residence to your appointment and back home. The first 3x a month they deduct $6 per round trip and that goes into your VAMC's "slush fund." Lately they only pay zip code to zip code, rather than actual mileage. They don't allow travel pay if you car pool and actually consider it "fraud" if you try to claim it. They also only pay to the nearest VAMC or CBOC.

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

I haven't had the opportunity to test it out, but have filled out a couple of forms for two VAMCs here in the region who would either treat me or conduct a C&P exam. The forms state that they may already have the direct deposit information they need if you're receiving disability compensation.

Considering the push for direct deposit, wonder if the VA Medical System will require a bank account and bank routing number as part of enrollment?

• HadIt.com Elder

I haven't had the opportunity to test it out, but have filled out a couple of forms for two VAMCs here in the region who would either treat me or conduct a C&P exam. The forms state that they may already have the direct deposit information they need if you're receiving disability compensation.

Considering the push for direct deposit, wonder if the VA Medical System will require a bank account and bank routing number as part of enrollment?

It may, if the veteran is SC. The check/no bank acct system was challenged some yrs back as many homeless don't have accts and use check cashing places. Unless they come up w/some kind of debit card system to replace it, it's hard to tell.

NSC vets don't generally get mileage. jmo

pr