VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Will Attend That March 6Th Bva Hearing!

Rate this question

Commander Bob

Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Here are a few emails I exchanged with my NSO Rep last Thursday & Friday.
Dear MOPH NSO,

What happened? I have just received a BVA hearing notice, 9 days before the hearing date. This of course negates the two week window to reschedule. Even though I never received the FOIA/Privacy Act copies of my file we repeatedly requested over the years, and could not get an IMO, and never had that DRO hearing they were suppose to have for me. etc.

He emails back;

"Its worse as I too just got my letters, and I am working at BVA in Washington that week." etc.

So I email back :

I am sorry to hear you are not going to be in town and represent me at my BVA hearing.
As we discussed on the phone, this is just like the VARO's botched non- DRO hearing screw up, they once again failed to notify you or me in a timely manner. So, after almost five years of waiting and stressful bureaucratic delay, I will attend that March 6th BVA hearing, with or without representation and now will have to represent myself... etc.

Cmdr. Bob
P.S. Well, at least the weather forecasts a beautiful clear and
cool day!!! Thank God for small miracles...

post-4811-0-65258700-1362262423_thumb.jp

Edited by Commander Bob

• Answers 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder
Thank you all for your support with my up-coming BVA hearing. I will feel that I am not alone when I walk into that hearing room, this Wed..
The true reality of my claim is, ...this is a CRSC related issue.
I will call it a win, If the DVA will admit, and show a PTSD combat-related event caused the condition, .
The rest of my claim and the EED issue, is more for justice and historical value.
Again thanks for your perspective and wisdom,
Cmdr.Bob

• HadIt.com Elder
As a post script to this CUE ridden, VARO's misadventure, and it's bogus BVA hearing.
I know I don't have a chance to bring this claim to a successful end at the BVA hearing, Wednesday .
However, let me state this clear, I have no intentions of giving up. I have resigned myself to prepare for a remand, or reschedule, and then come back at a later date, and clean their clock.
I am truly willing to wait till hell freezes over to find the justice this combat wounded Vietnam vet has earned.
C.B.

• HadIt.com Elder

My lawyer seems to be doing a lot of CUE claims. If you want his name and number let me know. I got him started on CUE claims about 5 years ago. He said if he could not win mine he would never do another one. If you lose at BVA you will get plenty of offers to go forward to CAVC. It will probably take six months to get an answer from the BVA unless you get lucky. Go for it!

John

As a post script to this CUE ridden, VARO's misadventure, and it's bogus BVA hearing.
I know I don't have a chance to bring this claim to a successful end at the BVA hearing, Wednesday .
However, let me state this clear, I have no intentions of giving up. I have resigned myself to prepare for a remand, or reschedule, and then come back at a later date, and clean their clock.
I am truly willing to wait till hell freezes over to find the justice this combat wounded Vietnam vet has earned.
C.B.

CB,

I surely will be rooting for you and hope you find a way to

kick their butt on this !

Go into the hearing with the attitude that you are going to win--head high and back straight. Have your evidence organized so that you can present it all concisely. The hearing officer will be less interested in how badly the VA did in originally ajudicating your claim, but will be very interested in the evidence you have to support your claim, so no rants or insults--just the facts!

If I am not mistaken, your hearing is in DC. If so, there are some high quality NSOs reps willing and able to assist you at the hearing. All you need to do is ask once you are in the building.

I wish you the best of luck and look forward to your "after action report."