VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Before Or After A C/p Exam?

Rate this question

Navy ELT to EMT-P

Question

Hi all

Question is for my dw who has a c/p exam scheduled for june. This is a claim to upgrade her CFS 40% sc and shoulder pain 10 sc. There has been a progression of symptoms and lots of treatment. We want to go with a IMO/IME and am trying to figure out timing. Is it ok to do that now or should we wait until we have the c/p results? Would the c/p examiner look at a IME as part of his/her exam?

Second part. She has also been dx with fibromiligia. This was dx after her first rating, however the symptoms were there prior to discharge and I think a nexus letter will be pretty easy to form. So here is the question- we dont want to delay the current claim by adding to it. Should the fibro be discussed in this IME or in a second one for a later claim? Will it being in this IME muddy the water, or can this IME be used in this claim and again in another one after this is decided?

Thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Is the C and P exam done by VA or QTC?

If VA you can get a copy in 10 days or so. QTC. Forget getting a copy. Even with FIOA.

You need an IME done and you must have all medical documentation available.

The IME examiner must be versed in VA terminology.

Getting a copy of the C and P exam will tell if you even need an IME / IMO. You may be able to tell the rating with the exam.

J

Yeah, I would wait until the C&P exam results come in before scheduling the IME. Expect to see some ommissions and errors on the C&P report. A well done IME will address the faults on the C&P that may lead to a reduced rating.

Be prepared to wait 1-4 weeks between the C&P exam and the time the C&P report is available.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use