VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got A Letter For Tdiu 100%. Just A Single Letter?

Rate this question

mav2u

Question

I got three letters the the other day! One said you are 100%, one said your 100% an you can use this letter to get your DV license plate, an the last one said your 100% an you can use this letter an form to get your BX an Commissary military ID.

I have'nt gotten a big packet or anything about my back pay yet. Does this mean I actually won my TDIU? I was thinking there would be more paperwork or something?

Edited by mav2u

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

So very happy for you and your family. By the looks of things you sure did go through a lot, especially having to wait so long to

get your final award of TDIU. But, I'm sure it's worth the wait.

Thank you for your service, and enjoy your award.

Usually 3 signatures indicates 25,000 or more.in retro ...well at least it used to indicate that....

It sure pays to stash some retro away in case it is ever needed for a P & T IMO or any other potential SMC issues.

Great news!!!!!!!

Carlie is right!

"Spend wisely - avoid people with hard luck stories looking to get a handful

of your new found cash."

This is our nation's debt of gratitude to you for your sacrifice.

It is never any windfall to get SC comp. And it is really never enough either.

But do enjoy it and RELAX from those years of waiting! Fabulous news!

Finally got my full packet from the VA. They stated they raised my 70% rating for one item up to a 100% rating. So I guess instead of TDIU THey gave me P&T for my one condition. Which is much better than TDIU I suppose!

Thanks to all of you an this forums information for helping me hang in there an file for my disability!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

The VAlue of getting IU and being paid at the 100 percent rate: Tremendous with a couple of headaches.

The Value of being P and T schedular: Priceless:

J

• HadIt.com Elder

I got three letters the the other day! One said you are 100%, one said your 100% an you can use this letter to get your DV license plate, an the last one said your 100% an you can use this letter an form to get your BX an Commissary military ID.

I have'nt gotten a big packet or anything about my back pay yet. Does this mean I actually won my TDIU? I was thinking there would be more paperwork or something?

It seems that you were awarded 100%TDIU or scheduler 100%, and P&T

The award letter should follow, since you haven't yet received it. If not, you can always call "Peggy", and ask for it.

There is also "E-Benefits", although it may take some time and effort for you to gain full access.

Part of the ID card issue process can help this slightly. (Has to do with getting you into the Deers? system.)

In my state, and county, The county tax assessor's office takes care of the DV tags, and property tax exemptions. To get them to do what they should, we have to take the VA letters to the local State Veteran's office, and get them to generate an additional letter, which is based upon the VA letters. This may be local or even more widespread policy, I don't know.

If you are married, and wish to also obtain an ID card for your spouse, You will also need documents such as the spouses birth certificate, driver's license, records of the marriage, etc.

"Raised Seal" documents are best.

State hunting and fishing licenses, and even the driver's license may be free on application as well.

Sadly, concealed carry and gun owners permits/licenses usually still cost money. ($75) in this state.

The ID issuing process is quite automated. Along with the VA letters, a copy of a form might have been included.

The form more or less shows the required information you will need. They don't actually use the form here, but it serves as a good reference and type from page.

(A clerk types the required information into a program, takes your picture, and the ID card is printed by the program.) Smaller offices might still use the old hand typed process.

I got into a bit of a hassle, since we no longer had a raised seal copy, since it was sent years ago to the state department.

With some hemming and hawing, the issuing office finally decided that the state records of overseas birth listing myself and wife, and the child were adequate as proof, along with non raised seal copies of key documents.

One way to possibly solve the hassle problem I had can be to have documents registered by the county clerk, and then obtain copies of the registered copies with the appropriate seal or stamp from the county.

Years ago, I ran into another oddity about raised seal documents. The state I grew up in retired the "Great Seal" multiple decades ago. My grandparents and father were state employees in the 50's and 60's, and I had relatives/ancestors that were in state government off and on for more than a century. Some of the originals of my "vital records" were raised seal documents using the "Great Seal" after it was officially retired from use.

Edited by Chuck75

Got all my letters now! Base ID is done an finally I can breath a sigh of relief this 9 year battle is over! Getting all my doctors to do their job an document every thing with the VA is the key!