VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Translation Please......c&p Mumbo Jumbo!

Rate this question

Destia

Question

Hey Hadit family. It's been a while since I last posted but I have a few questions regarding my C&P for an increase 50% (PTSD/MST). I know that Hadit.com forum is the best place to get straight, honest answers. Well I just got a copy of my C&P and I don't understand a couple of notes the C&P Dr. wrote in my record.

Everything that I mentioned below is pertaining to the increase of the PTSD and was either checked off or iooiwritten just as described.

1.GAF score of 45-50 mean?

2. What does Total Occupational and Social Impairment mean?

3. The claimed condition was at least as likely as not (50 percent or greater probability) incurred

in or caused by the claimed in -service, injury, event, or illness. Provide rationale in section C.

(section C) RATIONALE: It is least likely as not that the veteran is unemployable due to her PTSD. She has not been able to work since 2006. She is on a large amount of Quetiapine 300mg qhs, Bropropian SA 150mg po BID and 0.5mg of Clonazepam. She has significant psychiatric symptom due to her PTSD.

Can anyone tell me what this means regarding my increase? Does this look good? Does the Dr. Say that I am unemployable? I get lost when the Dr. Refers to least likely not. (What is this mumbo jumbo? II thank you all in advance!!! :)

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

45 to 50 gaf score is 70 to 100 percent rating

Total Occupational Or Social Impairment means you don't do well around people in a social or working environment.

At least as likely as not is the magic term used to kick the benefit of the doubt in on your claim in your favor as it weighs the evidence 50/50. This Doc said you are not employable.

They work like this: was not due to is 100 percent against. Less likely as not means 25 percent At least as likely as not is 50 percent

Most likely is 75 percent was due to means 100 percent sure.

It wont be too long but I see a success story real soon for you.

Good Luck

Basser

Thanks jbasser! Your quick response is greatly appreciated. I got everything you said all the way up until when you said.... They work like this:

1, So does at least as likely as not mean that I am going to stay @ 50%?

Sorry for not understanding the last part of your message.

• HadIt.com Elder
Thanks jbasser! Your quick response is greatly appreciated. I got everything you said all the way up until when you said.... They work like this:

1, So does at least as likely as not mean that I am going to stay @ 50%?

Sorry for not understanding the last part of your message.

It means you'll probably get an increase and could get TDIU but in the end decision is up to the rater, not the doctor. jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

They are rules in the VA system that use the terms I have written that interpet these opinions. Yours is at least as likely as not means the doctor is 50 percent sure. It has nothing to do with the rating of 50 percent just the opinion. The opinion equals out so it is supposed to go in your favor.

I agree with PR. You should get 100 percent or IU but it is in the hands of the rater and they hold the cards.

J

A GAF score is dynamic and can change from hour to hour, day to day and month to month. According to the examiner at my husband's first PTSD C&P exam his GAF was 45. He was award 50%. We have an active claim for increase/IU.

There is no rhyme or reason to the different ratings one Vet receive over another having the exact same symptoms, even thou there are regulations that the raters are suppose to use to determine percentage. I have come to NOT get any hopes up for any persenage and awards so my hubby won't become angry and depressed. Saying that, what the C&P examiner did say about 'likely as not' is very good wording for an approval of some kind. At best, IU will be approved, at worst, you should keep your present rating of 50%. I pray you receive what you deserve and get 100%.

Keep us posted when you hear!