VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Looking For Good Lawyer In Northern Wisconsin

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

All,

Not for me, but my wife. She was denied today for her Social Security Disability Claim. I'm sure she has a claim and could win with the right lawyer. I did read how they are compensated, so I understand that part.

Her initial claim was for Chronic Pain Syndrome from bialteral knee surgery, for which she is diagnosed with, however, not on the Social Security list of maledies. She had many more complications and medical issues and we could have proceeded in the wrong direction with the (1st/initial) claim.

Anyway, we (she) has 60 days to request an appeal.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Hamslice

Actually going to Mayo Clinic in Rochester today. She is having 2 minor (but compicated) surgeries tomorrow.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Update,

Got a call from the Allsup rep yesterday. She submitted a OTR (on the record) review of my wife's case and they (ssdi) rep called her and said they agreed to a start date of Oct 2013. We could accept that offer and start receiving benefits right away, with medicare starting 10/2015, or we could decline and let it continue on until we see the judge in about a year. And there is no guarantee that we would win then.

We took the offer and will see if the judge signs off on it. My wife had a definite diagnosis around 09/2013, so that is why the 10/2013 start date we think. Even though she has had this for many years, etc.

I have insurance for know through work, so the medicare start of 10/2015 is not a big deal.

I will post again when we get the first deposit.......

Hamslice

Ham,

I hate to hear of your troubles bud. I know how you feel. I was medically retired last year from the Navy with 80% from the VA. My JAG lawyer said that is a great %, take the offer, and it will be easy when you get out to get bumped up to 100%. Yeah right, I submitted an FDC in Sep 2013, and I just had my C&P exams at the VA today. They went extremely well, but you already know how the Govt is. A few weeks ago, I had my Mental and Physical Exams for my SSDI claim. Now, I pray that they do not try to screw me either. God Bless and I hope everything gets better for you and your wife. Hope you have a good weekend.

Well we got a "fully favorable" derision. The OTR review was approved, however, the judge went with our initial claim date of 27 November 2012 instead of the October 2013 we had to agree on to send forward to the OTR. So that was nice of him. It says based on the claim of 27 November 2012 the claimant has been disabled since May 1 2013. I'm guessing the six month rule here. Anyway, no letter yet on amount and back-pay, etc.

So from Dec 12 till now wasn't to long.

I would really recommend Allsup if you are going to the appeal. They are not lawyers, however, all they do is SS and they DO answer their phone and they DO answer emails.

The two lawyers I called before them did NOT return a call and I never heard from them. No contact.

Thanks,

Hamslice