VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Latest On Planned Tricare Prime Rollback

teejay53

Question

Thought this may be of interest. I called Tricare to inquire about the letter I received regarding this and was told it was an economic decision?? Well Its too far for me to travel so "Tricare Standard" it is for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Link to this article:

http://militaryadvantage.military.com/2013/02/update-on-the-planned-tricare-prime-rollback/

--------------------------------------------------------

Latest on Planned TRICARE Prime Rollback

The TRICARE Management Activity has a new online tool for retirees under age 65 and surviving spouses to verify if their Prime network will end Oct. 1, forcing them to use TRICARE Standard.

With the new fiscal year, managed care networks operating beyond 40 miles of military treatment facilities or base closure sites will be halted under next-generation TRICARE support contracts. The change, to impact 171,000 beneficiaries, is intended to cut TRICARE costs for taxpayers.

At the TRICARE Prime Service Area website, TRICARE users can type in their zip code and learn whether their Prime service area will exist after Sept. 30. They also can find contact information for contractors and can sign up for email alerts on additional changes planned to Prime service areas.

[Editor's Note: Thanks to one of our readers, the following excerpt from a recent DoD article may help some of the possibly affected retirees:

"The new contracts limit Prime networks to regions within a 40-mile radius of military treatment facilities and in areas affected by the 2005 base closure and realignment process, she explained. But provisions will allow Prime beneficiaries who see providers outside the 40-mile service area to remain in Prime if they reside within 100 miles of an available primary care manager [Military Treatment Facility] and sign an access waiver, she added.”

Read the full DoD article at http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?ID=118969

This Primer Access Waiver is for those who live within 100 miles of a Military Treatment Facility – i.e. military base.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet