VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Form To Request C File From Ro

Rate this question

jbasser

Question

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

For what its worh, You can request the c file with out using the form .. a simple letter will do the job.. ( been there done that)

Edited by Teac

is there a general time frame one can expect to get the c-file? VARO received my request jan 2013. i need to then copy it and send the copy to a legal office.

• HadIt.com Elder

I requested and got mine in about 6 weeks. When I got to the BVA I found that BVA judge had about twice as much of my file as I did. My lawyer requested what the judge had right then and there. How can you get a fair hearing when you don't have the same evidence as you adversay?

"When I got to the BVA I found that BVA judge had about twice as much of my file as I did. My lawyer requested what the judge had right then and there. How can you get a fair hearing when you don't have the same evidence as you adversay? "

You are Right John. That is very worrysome and I wonder where the stuff goes, that the ROs hold back.

On the other hand when I requested my C file in 2003 there was a lot missing but right at the bottom of it was a critical 3 page Peer Review report for my FTCA claim that VA said had Never existed. Even the Peer review doctor and regional counsel told me it existed and the RC wanted to settle with me within mere months after getting my SF 95, due to that report ,but the VA denied it even had existed after the RC and the Peer Doctor had retired.Even VAML did too (VA Medical and Legal department)

Thats OK . I saved it when it turned up at the bottom of my C file and I used it as probative evidence for my AO IHD claim and for the proper EED.

If we VA claimants had the rights of Discovery, like in a regular court of law, the VA would never be able to pull this stuff on us.

Edited by Berta