VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Form To Request C File From Ro

Rate this question

jbasser

Question

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

depends on the VARO. I send requests to the Louisville, KY VARO and the veterans are receiving theirs in 2-4 weeks.

Louisville? funny. i used to work there years ago.

i didn't expect 2-4 weeks in this state and its past that already. thanks!

I requested and got mine in about 6 weeks. When I got to the BVA I found that BVA judge had about twice as much of my file as I did. My lawyer requested what the judge had right then and there. How can you get a fair hearing when you don't have the same evidence as you adversay?

looks like Berta is/has replied my thoughts to this too. RO sends that letter out they got the request and find its ok to send copy of c-file minus whatever they (gov) considers. i found that unnerving

I requested and got mine in about 6 weeks. When I got to the BVA I found that BVA judge had about twice as much of my file as I did. My lawyer requested what the judge had right then and there. How can you get a fair hearing when you don't have the same evidence as you adversay?

well, we're at 8 weeks VARO received my request.

two years ago, i requested a list of past claims + decision + evidence listed as used. typical low level stuff. to me shouldn't have been difficult. when i asked about the status a few months later they sent me copies of the actual request form, not what that form requested, the listing of past claims decisions.

gee, can't imagine if/when i'll get the c-file (entire). hopefully soon, as i have to copy it and get it to a legal office.

thks for your reply

my c-file copy arrived today. looks like all single-sided copies which will make coping it easier for me.

request arrived at VARO: 1.16.2013

c-file arrived: 3.25.2013

Requested mine the second time from St Pete on Feb 2012. Never got it. Never will get it. Never have even seen it. Hell, it may not exist.

that's the pits. maybe some others will join in and know of a second course of action you can take in order to verify it exists and to get it delivered.

note as others have mentioned, the c-file they copy for us and what is actually on file may not be identical, that is they may leave stuff out.