VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Form To Request C File From Ro

Rate this question

jbasser

Question

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

"So far I am passing you :biggrin: 4 months to the day his file was requested... not an end in sight :dry:"

I don't even remember how long it took me. I do know we asked for a copy around July / August 2006 and we didn't receive a copy before my husband died in February 2007. So after he died I had to fill out a new request, and had to get in line again. At that time the RO informed me it would be at least a 6 month wait.

I filed a request with St. Pete. On July 7th 2013, it is showing as pending claim in e Bennies. Seems like a long wait.

Put in a request on Wednesday in person at the Houston VARO. Will let you know when it comes in. They are saying about 9 months.

I assume this means that you can't walk in to Houston VARO an request and stand there and wait for a copy???

It is a 200 mile drive, but I was thinking of making the trip, hoping to pick up a copy of the C file.

Put in mailed request as a FOIA -Freedom of Information Act-request for hubby's c-file 4 weeks ago. No response yet. I plan to send them a letter every month reminding them by law they only have 20 working days to fulfill a FOIA request.

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/research/foia.html#8

http://www.justice.gov/oip/foia-procedures.pdf

http://www.foia.va.gov/docs/RequesterHandbook.pdf

In the meantime, I was able to access SOME medical information using My Health E Vet website with a Premium account. The Blue Button feature let me download some data going back about 15 years. It shows past doctor appointments, prescriptions, vitals & results of blood tests.

Also, I was able to go in person ( you can just as easily mail a request, the mailing address is found on the VA website) to the VAMC where he has had a lot of treatment. I went to their "Release of Information office". He filled out a form & they said they can get him a copy of EVERYTHING that particular VAMC has done. They said expect it to take 20 days. FYI -ANY FOIA request must be fulfilled in 20 business days. We need to start suing VARO 's that are not complying with the law!

Edited by NavyWife