VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lap Band Or Gastric Surgery For Weight Loss

Rate this topic

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

1: VA mental health eval

2: VA Moves Program, You must lose a documented amount of weight to be accepted.

3: good luck

I would do it outside the VA if possible.

J

I've thought about it.. but it really seems like a drastic move.. I've tried a lot of things to lose weight , I just ordered nutra-system... maybe it will work

If your weight problem is sever talk with your VA health care provider and ask him or her what they recommend. There is time one of these drastic procedures are necessary and the medical staff at VA can advise you if you qualify and if it is recommended. The utlurnatives such as the VA's move program, nutura systems and weight watchers are in my opinion valid however you need to discuss with a health care professional. By all means if the recommend one of the two procedures you mentioned follow up with them as most professional will only recommend one of them if it is a last resorte and possible a life threatening situation. By the way a site that you migh find additional iformation concerning the procedure is webmd.com.