VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Effective Date Ab8 Letter

Rate this question

klovisk

Question

Hello, I logged in to Ebenefits tonite and see that my claim is closed. I filed the claim in May 2011. The effective date on the AB8 letter is December 2012? Combined 80%.

Should the effective date be the date that I submitted the claim or not? I have no idea how they arrived at the December 2012 date.

If I don't agree with this date, what am I supposed to do?

I still have a DRO pending for other medical problems.

Thanks for any input.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I would wait untill you recive the award letter. The verification date of Dec 2012 is because of the increase for COLA for this year. It really has nothing to do with the Claim date. Go back and look at the claim and check the filing date there. Also, I would check VA PAYMENT HISTORY and see if there are any new payments made. Sometimes the payment amount is listed there before it hit your bank..

Your welcome, but please wait for others to answer.. I could be wrong. I just know what my hubby's AV8 letter looks like. It always has the effective date of Dec and the prior year due to COLA increases... He has been SC for several years now.

sorry to open this back up, but mine does the same thing. would a complete new claim that was just completed (granting 70%) show December 2012 even though I separated in February of 2012 and filed a claim also in February? This is all online and i'm out of state for a few weeks, so won't be able to see my letter.