VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Handle Evidence Not In English

Rate this question

Adkins

Question

Hi Everyone,

Quick question. I am getting my evidence together in support of my NOD claim, but I have realized one thing that could cause problems. All of the evidence that I will get from my Psychotherapist, Psychiatrist, as well as my general practioner will all be in German. I was thinking that I could get these documents translated and submit both copies, but I am not sure what kind of translation it needs to be. Does it have to be certified somehow, or are there certified translators that the VA will want me to use? Any advice, or tips, will be greatly appreciated!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Each RO has a list if people on station that are proficient if a foreign language. If not it wil go somewhere for translation. East cost probably Philly to be translated and ten sent back. Jmho

Edited by T8r

My medical documents were also in German. The LARO sent them to Pa. for translation. Guess what, when I got a copy of my C-file there were exactly 3 words that were translated. I am not exaggerating. It took them almost 8 months to do this. I called and emailed frequently, but it did not do anything to ensure they were doing the translations properly. After their decision, I had to file a NOD, hoping that they consider ALL medical evidence and not just the 10 minute CnP examination. Good luck!

Can anyone tell me is it better to add all of your evidence to your NOD or just state why you disagree with the findings? Also since the VA did not want to see my worn cloths items and devices at the time I went in should I take photos...and what would be the best way to add that in your as evidence Exhibit/item number???? Just thinking if I give all evidence in my NOD maybe I can get approve or maybe I should save evidence for the appeal. Need some help first… NOD.

Can anyone tell me is it better to add all of your evidence to your NOD or just state why you disagree with the findings. Also since the VA did not want to see my worn cloths items and devices at the time I went in should I take photos...and what would be the best way to add that in your as evidence Exhibit/item number ???? Just thinking if I give all evidence in my NOD maybe I can get approve or maybe I should save evidence for the appeal. Need some help first NOD.