VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Call Concerning C&p Scheduling

Rate this question

rebelranger

Question

So a rating called me today about setting up a C&P, on ebennys it looks like I'm supposed to go in 30 days. What can I expect next? Will I get any kind of mail concerning this? Also they said my medical file didn't have my IED exposure information nor my Combat Action award, he said to take this to the C&P meeting. What happens now?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes make sure you bring the CAB and/or the write up for it and any thing else you have to prove the IED.

This would surely be noted in your SMRs. DO you have them as well as the VA?

And if your DD214 isn't correct, make sure you get it corrected with a DD 149 form.

Here is the current detailed TBI worksheet. This worksheet might well change due to the proposed new TBI criteria, here in the TBI forum:

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?c=ecfr&SID=412fe597793219827080b0afce92e94e&rgn=div8&view=text&node=38:1.0.1.1.5.2.110.67&idno=38

Look under Diagnostic Code 8045.

Lots there but this part needs a food reading by any TBI vet:

“Evaluation of Cognitive Impairment and Subjective Symptoms

The table titled “Evaluation of Cognitive Impairment and Other Residuals of TBI Not Otherwise Classified” contains 10 important facets of TBI related to cognitive impairment and subjective symptoms. It provides criteria for levels of impairment for each facet, as appropriate, ranging from 0 to 3, and a 5th level, the highest level of impairment, labeled “total.” However, not every facet has every level of severity. The Consciousness facet, for example, does not provide for an impairment level other than “total,” since any level of impaired consciousness would be totally disabling. Assign a 100-percent evaluation if “total” is the level of evaluation for one or more facets. If no facet is evaluated as “total,” assign the overall percentage evaluation based on the level of the highest facet as follows: 0 = 0 percent; 1 = 10 percent; 2 = 40 percent; and 3 = 70 percent. For example, assign a 70 percent evaluation if 3 is the highest level of evaluation for any facet.

Although the TBI regulations are changing, hopefully the change will benefit more TBI veterans.

VA rates on Residuals of TBI and they can become quite a long list of impairments to include amputations, blindness, severe memory loss, etc.....

Cognitive Imairtment however is not the same as PTSD.

In my strong opinion, most TBIs are stressors...you have a TBI from an IED, that is a stressor.

Has VA diagnosed you with PTSD and Have you formally claimed PTSD due to the TBI?

Have you accessed your Unit on line in case you might need a buddy statement?

I am assuming here however that you had a loss of consciousness and/or some other form of injury from the IED that was medically treated after the event happened and is documented in your SMRs.

You said you have the CAB and the actual award....that is great.

Bringing a CA badge alone, wont help.

It does concern me that VA didn't have notice of the CAB so I am thinking it isn't on your DD 214 and it should be.

The DD 149 can be searched here under the hadit search and the form should pop up.

It might take a few months but the Mil can correct the 214 and send you a DD 215.

The 215 is smaller than the 214 and should be attached with the 214 whenever you need to prove service or any awards.

I just realized the VA has my husband's DD214 and 215 but they have never mentioned the DD 215 as evidence.as I recall.

That didn't really matter in his claims issues but it could make a big difference for many others.

Edited by Berta

Yes I have a DD215 and medical stuff from my IED. I have three different C&Ps with different docs.

(1) PTSD - to include 6 15min sessions? Really that long to talk about everything, what more do they need?

(2) TBI - to include review for headaches, arm numbness, compressed discs, etc

(3) Hearing and Tinnitus

What can I expect from all this? What are they going to do in 6 15min sessions?

I mailed in my DD215 copy and copies of my medical documentation and will bring them to my appointments. What else do I need to do?

• HadIt.com Elder

Hell No. Guess What. You have Cervical Disk damage somewhere from C4 to C7 with either the Median or Ulnar Nerve or both damaged.

The numbness in the arm and hand, tell me if it is thumb side or pinkey side and arm, top or bottom.

Not only did you suffer a TBI, You suffered a neck injury at the same time. That is what I think.

J

I think the disc compression was C4, yes the MRI says that. Its the pinkey side bottom, Ulnar nerve if I remember right. I'm really worried about these exams and am already getting amped up over them.