VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recent Side Effect With Lamotrigine Any Advice?

Rate this topic

Recently, the VA changed part of my MH daily medication to lamotrigine (25mg). The first seven days I had to take a total of two 25 (mg)tablets. Then after the seven days I was told to increase to 4 tablets, which totaled 100 mg. After taking the 4 tablets along with a total of 300 mg of Seroquel, I was feeling a awkward so I decided to go and take a shower to cool off. When I got into the shower I felt a little dizzy, the room was spinning, and I felt like I was about to black out. I fell out of the shower and tried to brace my fall on the towel rack and hit my right hip on the edge of the toilet. The ambulance had to come and pick me up, and I suffered a contusion withing the hip area(currently on crutches). Any advice on how to add this as a secondary due to the medication? The doctor at the hospital did write in the notes that the side effects of this medication causes 54% of its patients dizziness, and that after my blood, and urine samples there was enough evidence to support that this medication caused me to black out. Now, I have been taking seroquel for of 8 months now and I have had no side effects from this.

Thanks

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Lamo continues to have this side effect the doctor SHOULD

discontinue RXing it and make notes of this in your medical files

for adverse reaction.

VBA only grants claims for issues that leave residual disability.

In most cases a single "black out" or "contusion" will not meet the

standards of residual disability.

JMHO