VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question For Bert

Rate this question

david walker

Question

Berta

I filed my orignal claim for neck 9/04 and received comp letter 5/05, I filed a Request to Reconsider 7/05.

I filed additional claims at the same time (7/05). I was denied increase 1/06 on original claim. Do I have till 1/07 to NOD??

The additional claims were also decided on 1/06 (some were awarded and some deined). I gaither more medical documentation and file Request to Reconsider on 4/06. This Request has now been at the rating board 60 days. I have one year from this decision, right??

I have been trying to wait until I get the results to NOD. I have a very detail NOD letter, but I felt like I needed the decision to finish the NOD.

Should I go ahead and NOD? Also, if you have time I would like for you to look at my NOD. Maybe I'm doing wrong making it so detailed. Figured I should ask you. Thanks

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

If you post your NOD or attach at hadit (blank out the personal info c # etc ,I will read it-

might take day or two- I am back in school-limits on time-others could chime in too on it---

On a Recon Request- make sure a NOD is also sent in within the year after the decision date that you filed the recon request on-

I filed a Reconsideration request on one of my claims- 2 weeks ago- it went into their Predetermination Team-

that could take weeks or months for a decision- I will definitely file a NOD if I heard nothing within a few months-I marked my calender-

NODS- they must be filed within one year of the date of the decision -I file most of them 'yesterday'-even if that decision awards a partial claim but you disagree with the rest of the decision-it can be nodded-

A Reconsideration request is NOT an NOD- I posted at hadit a vet who was lucky- his vet rep filed the Recon and then said if the Recon did not award, please consider this as a formal NOD-

The RO fought this -said no NOD was filed-but the BVA remanded this claim because of the vet reps statement-ad the vet was still in the appeals process-

I do not advise Reconsideration Requests except in some circumstances.Nothing takes the place of a formal NOD. They can mess around with a recon request for a year-they are not even reading NODs at my VARO less than a year old.

Does that help?