VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Are My Chances?

Rate this question

Aristotle

Question

On my IU C&P Exam, the Examineer stated that " the veteran will be unable to function in an Occupational Environment due to his SC ( Thoracolumbar Spine), he can not bend forward for more than 15 degrees, can not sit down more than 10-15 minutes and must ambulate with cane due to back and leg pain and poor balance".

Last Dec 2012 I applied for VR & E, the Counselors found me not fit for Rehab and employment so they enrolled me in Independent Living Program. Home assessment was done last week.

With the above situations, what are the chances of my claim for IU?

Edited by Aristotle

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Update for my claim. I received a phone call from the VARO this morning informing me that I was granted IU. I think the two situations I've posted above were enough to warrant the granting of IU.

I wish to thank everybody in this Forum.

Great - nice to read about some positive adjudication.

Spend wisely : - )

broncovet

If the VR& E counselors are not qualified to make a medical determination then how come they are making a determination whether a veteran is feasible for voc rehab or not?

Well since you got your IU everything is great! But you did have a question on VRE while they can say you can not be retrained most of VRE has to do with your education and what you did before. If you were a PHD in biology you more than likely could find a position doing research or such. I would think your SSDI journey should be short and approved on your first try. Enjoy your benefits hope they help!

Stillhere

Here I am again...asking more questions. Maybe someone can give me a little insight as to how this will go, although nobody really knows???? I have officially applied for TDIU, and although I have an idea of what it is I still don't see how this would work. I took early retirement in 2009, because of my service connected Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (weaken immune system). I was an elementary school teacher and was always sick. I gathered all the evidence and submitted it this week. The letter from my PCP stated that because I worked in the school system with an impaired immune system it brought other illness to the forefront. I am also 66 years old. Does this matter? Is this process as long as an appeal? Please advise.

I received a report on Friday that I have large red blood cells again, and will have to undergo a scan to determine why. Should I submit the oncologist report of this meeting that was held on Friday/

Thanks Doug

@Douglas Kessler - I had to say this but how you say your goal is to get 100% SC for different ailments, makes me think you are gaming the system. Sorry if you just expressed what you meant wrong. Please start your own thread and wait before asking somewhere else.