VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims Without C&p Exam?

Rate this question

rpowell01

Question

Okay I have a NOD by DRO actively at the RO. I also have new claims in at the RO. I had a IMO from Dr. Bash that basically put everything together for the NOD by DRO and it linked current issues on the new claims.

On ebenefits it shows my claim status is at Review of Evidence and that means they have received all evidence. I also haven't had any C&P Exam for these new claims and one of them is IU. Is it possible that since my last C&P exam was in 2011 or Dr. Bash's IMO will trump any C&P Exam that there is no need for a C&P Exam? Has anybody ever filed a claim and never had a C&P exam because they used the IMO in lieu of the C&P Exam?

Just wondering and I am curiuous.

BTW the IMO stated I can't go back to work and I know my Voc Rehab Counselor told me she felt I could go back to work. I think he is still letting me use Voc Rehab has therapy. She is the best Voc Rehab Counselor anybody can have.

Edited by rpowell01
  • Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I filed the first "simple" single issue claim about 8 years ago. Supporting evidence was in my VA medical records, as well as private records.

No C&P was ever called for, and the claim was awarded about nine months later. (And then the fights began!)

I'm just curious John if the VA has enough evidence that there is no need of a C&P....They should only do it per the VA Policy only if they don't have evidence to support the claim...

• HadIt.com Elder

It is on very rare occasion the veteran will get rated without a C and P exam. They have to have a current level of disability so you will get an exam. I can guarantee it especially with cervical and lumbar issues based on ROM.

J

So on Ebennys where it shows

What Did We Not Receive?

This is a list of items that have never been received from you and that have been closed.

Request for Examination 12/21/2012 03/21/2013

Maybe they wanted a C&P Exam but never got around to scheduling it? This is what I am thinking...That or some rater has been acting like they have been doing their job when they are actually behind...LOL

Okay I have a NOD by DRO actively at the RO. I also have new claims in at the RO. I had a IMO from Dr. Bash that basically put everything together for the NOD by DRO and it linked current issues on the new claims.

On ebenefits it shows my claim status is at Review of Evidence and that means they have received all evidence. I also haven't had any C&P Exam for these new claims and one of them is IU. Is it possible that since my last C&P exam was in 2011 or Dr. Bash's IMO will trump any C&P Exam that there is no need for a C&P Exam? Has anybody ever filed a claim and never had a C&P exam because they used the IMO in lieu of the C&P Exam?

Just wondering and I am curiuous.

BTW the IMO stated I can't go back to work and I know my Voc Rehab Counselor told me she felt I could go back to work. I think he is still letting me use Voc Rehab has therapy. She is the best Voc Rehab Counselor anybody can have.

Yes I have a claim in for my back and it's at the pending decision phase and I haven't had any C&P exam as of yet I am curious also

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use