VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apena Parkinson's

Rate this question

warren

Question

i have parkinson's disease and i wake up several times a night. i go to bed fatigued and wake up fatigued. what sleep i do get is not good sleep. the next day i take several naps. i'm tired all day long. i have vivid dreams at night, i snore, have even woke myself up snoring and i have woke up because i wasn't breathing. if my va neurologists prescribes a cpap can i file a claim for sleep apena?

GOD BLESS

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Warren,

I would recommend that you obtain a good IMO from your doctor. I have never heard of SA being a secondary condition to parkinson's, however stranger things have happened.

I guess my question would be, if you are at 100% now, why would you want to file another claim?

• HadIt.com Elder

Meghp, It is always beneficial to get all conditions service connected even if a veteran is 100 percent if they care the result of your service. SMC's come into the picture when you qualify for S so it is to the veterans advantage to do so.. It does cause more load on the system but every veteran must get what they are entitled to.

J

I agree, each veteran deserves any and all benefits that they are entitled for! When a veteran is 100% and you file a claim, you are opening a huge can of the unknowns.

But, I do understand what you had stated.

I agree, each veteran deserves any and all benefits that they are entitled for! When a veteran is 100% and you file a claim, you are opening a huge can of the unknowns.

But, I do understand what you had stated.

You keep saying this......But Every claim a veteran opens is a "can of unknowns"....it doesn't matter if the veteran is 100% or 0% no one knows what the outcome of any claim will be and frankly you have no real knowledge about any "special cans of worms" you just keep repeating what someone else has told you.....

Look, if a veteran has a valid claim regardless of his prior ratings he should not be afraid to put in another claim for any reason.

I said it before but apparently it hasn't sunk in yet so once again....... If I had listened to this garbage.. After I was awarded TDIU in 1999 , I would never of fought for: adapted housing, housebound and later A&A, I would have never been rated for COPD @ 100%, I would still have no rating for sinusitis, hearing loss, tinnitus, or a second rating for my knee injury, I wouldn't be receiving adapted auto equipment, or my clothing allowance, I would not have been rated 30% for my eyes, and I would not still be fighting for an earlier award for Housebound based on Bradley v Peak....

To continue to talk about this so called can of worms, just because someone is already rated 100% or TDIU is really silly. Every claim carries unknowns, and no rating can legally be reduced because of one C/P exam or review of a claims file..unless there is a case of fraud which is very unlikely. Further, the VA doesn't have the time nor are they going to take the effort to review any old claim or award based on a new claim unless the new claim has anything to do with a condition that is already rated such as an increase for disability due to a condition getting worse, or a claim based on secondary issues of a service connected condition.

It is one thing to tell a veteran that the VA will review the entire claim file when a new issue is opened ( they do this no mater what rating a veteran has), but it is another thing to say because someone is 100% or TDIU that they are taking a chance when opening up a claim... Because being 100 % or TDIU has nothing to do with how the VA reviews a new issue.

teac, I need your crystal ball, are you reading the same RD's as I am? Your paragraph #4 is completely out of the water. I've personnaly worked with veterans that have received a letter from the VA stating "Purposed to reduce rating" and these were received by the veterans 3-4 months after their C/P exam. Not all vets, I'm not saying all now or have I ever said all. i do know for a fact that this HAS happened to a few.

First you state that that the VA doesn't have time to review your claim then in the next paragraph you state that "they do this no matter what the rating a veteran has" Which is it??

Don't know how the VA worked years ago, but I do know what they are doing now, and that's based upon the number of vets I see with rating decisions and the contents of them.

I guess you and me will just have to agree to disagree