VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is Imo As Well As Dr.bash?

Rate this question

Mont36

Question

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Mont,

A IMO/IME is necessary if your VA doctor failed to provide a nexus statement. You normally need a doc to write something in his report similar to "Veterans....xx condition is at least as likely as not due to ....y event in miliatary service".

If your doc already provided a similar nexus statment, then you probably do not need an IMO/IME or Dr. Bash.

I would humbly dissent with Basser concerning Dr. Bash, tho I have great respect for basser. The VA knows Dr. Bash well, he does VETS IMO's and IME's nationwide. The VA also knows he is highly "pro Vet".

I would, instead, probably go with a local doc for a IME. The reason is because I dont think the VA will take DR. Bash seriously, but may take a lesser known doc more seriously. While they wont state in the R and B something like, "We are denying this claim because you used Dr. Bash who is a well known pro Vet doc".....this is what it amounts to. Vets just are not winning enough cases with Dr. Bash, as his strong IMO's would suggest.

Frankly, in Basser's defense, I am unable to hear the SVR, as my hearing is too poor and transcripts are not available. So this issue may have been covered in the SVR radio show, and you should listen to it and do what it says, not take my advice.

In other words, its illegal to deny just because Dr. Bash was used, but far, far too many people have wound up on the short end of the stick assuming the VA is on the up and up and will give the Veteran the benefit of the doubt. Its more like the "benefit of the delay".

This is ONE example of the VA not acting on the "up and up":

http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/2011/01/25/veterans-court-issues-sanction-against-the-secretary-harvey-v-shinseki-no-10-1284/

Edited by broncovet
  • HadIt.com Elder

Hey Broncovet,

I would agree with you on that. I paid $6000 for two letters trying to get things resolved before the BVA. That was back in 2004. Since then it's gone to the BVA with nothing and then a joint remand at the CAVC. Any evidence or opinions in your favor are good but I thought after shelling out 6K I wouldn't have to leave the RO. The second letter ripped apart the decision they made with the first letter. They ignored the second letter all together. Then the BVA said he didn't examine me so it meant nothing. I'm sure it didn't hurt at the CAVC but here I sit in 2013 with a lawyer getting 1/3 and no decions increased by his IMO letters.................so.....................

• Founder

Please let's not get into a personal stomp session on anyone it gets us nowhere. When you use a Doctor, a Service Officer or other advocate, paid or not paid my experience has been If you use him and you win he's great, if you lose he sucks, if the va implies he sucks than he double sucks

Dr. Bash IMOs holds more weight than any C&P exam. He has more education than most C&P examiners so the VA does count him as worthy. Also research the BVA cases and see how many cases were won with his IMOs.

Also his Vitae is longer than most C&P Examiners and this is a very important document that needs to be sent in with an IMO.

• HadIt.com Elder

This is only my opionion. I went the IME route. For Psychiatry I went to Washington, D. C. for an examination with Dr. Crowley. It was well worth it to me for my case was 40 years old and I was paid back 16 years.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use