VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Soc But Only 3 Out Of 10 Items Are In It

Rate this question

jperez

Question

hi, i have received my statement of the case from my appeal a couple of weeks ago. 3 out of 10 items were denied. it said that the other 7 are waiting a decicion or what have you. the first time i got a soc back in 2009 it had a long list of items that were denied and a couple that were approved. and it came with a ratings decision. but this time around only 3 were denied but no decision on the other 7. i called the 1-800 number and was told more than likely they were awarded but i have to wait for a ratings decision. does anybody know if they are more than likely awarded or they just haven't gotten around to denying them yet. also would my retropay be form sept. 2008? i have been waiting on this appeal since april of 2010. the original claim is from sept. 2008.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

The Sept 2008 date should be the retro date for any awards. I am surprised "Peggy" , (the 800# people), would say this could 'more than likely' indicate an award.

I think they make stuff up sometimes to get us off the phone. I assume the VA has deferred those other issues and maybe they WILL award....so hard to say....

Peggy doesn't have a crystal ball and I think you should best wait for another letter from the VA.

You can also use IRIS (the VA's automated email system) --go to www.va.gov main page and look for the "Contact Us" area and if you use IRIS for a status on your claim, make sure they send you an email or snail mail so they cant make something up if they call you.

I guess I sound a little pessimistic about the way VA gives us status reports etc.... but I am just a long time hardcore claimant and don't have too much faith in what they 'say' , as it is the decision itself that is the nitty gritty and you can always appeal what you don't like.

i will definetly take that into consideration. ill try the iris and ill keep on calling peggy once a week like i have been. it all depends on who answers the call. some are either too lazy or incompetent enough to answer questions. but every once in a while you get one that knows what they're doing.

hi all, as of today my ebenefits has been changed to 50% combined rating. the award has just been approved and they are generating the letter today.