VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another C&p Exam..

Rate this question

Artillery 13F

Question

I'm new to the forum, but i have been doing research here for a couple of years. I was in the Army for five years and I got out in 2008. I was in Baghdad for 15 months. I'm currently at 80%. 50% PTSD, 30% migraines, 10% knees, 10% back, 10% foot. I appealed my PTSD decision and they removed my 10% TBI rating because the symptoms are similar to PTSD. Should i appeal this?

Last week i had another c&p rating for an increase in ptsd and I'm waiting for the result. Tomorrow I have a c&p for unemployable. I have had several jobs since i got out and i have been fired from them all. The last one ended up with a guy in a coma for four days and me being charged with a felony assault. The charges were later dropped, but I could have handled to situation better. This event caused me to withdraw from the public. I've been going to school since I got out because it is much easier than trying to hold a job. My disability and the money i get from school is enough to survive.

I'm not really sure what my question is. I'm sure i won't get a response before my c&p tomorrow, but any advice would be useful. I have no idea what to expect.I'l have more information once i get my decision letter. I've been trying to figure this out for several years and I have been able to help five other vets get their benefits (they had no idea va disability existed).

Thanks for any help.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You should appeal that one. You should also talk to an attorney. There is different rating criteria and they may have just railroaded you. The TBI may be higher evaluatuions than the PTSD. did a Doctor do this or did the RO do this? The ro cannot change your diagnosis. That is against the law. You dont live in Texas, do you? Sounds like something Houston would do.

J

I've been going through the DAV and they have been great, but i think it's about time I spoke to an attorney. The Regional Office removed the 10% TBI and they claim the decision is "undebatable". I was also diagnosed with Sleep Apnea about year ago, but that was denied. I'm in Tennessee.

Yes, as jbasser said, Appeal it.

Go over the new proposed regulations here in the TBI forum as those new regulations, when they become law, might help you get a higher than 10% rating for the TBI.

But then again you might succeed on the TDIU.

"Tomorrow I have a c&p for unemployable."

Make sure the C & P doctor knows you pay your own bills by yourself.