Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×

Chemical Warfare Agent Experiments Among U.s. Service Members

Guest allanopie

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Nice to know the VA has respect for service members as human beings......yeah, right. I know the RVN era vets were "throw aways" and I don't know about later vets.

• In Memoriam

The misstatement's of this document are that:

If Veterans were denied claims for chemical exposure, before the DoD admitted Chemical Test in 2002, then Veterans were discounted in any prior reports (1980's that the VA refers too).

For the VA to refer back to 1980's reports of Project 112/SHAD Veterans is an admission, by the VA, that the VA knew of these test and the Victims prior to 2002. This is a big mistake.

VA, persist in calling SHAD guinea pigs "Test Conductors", to say that the victims were aware, and that they were not unwitting Vitim's of these exposures; further that they consented to exposure to Sarin and VX nerve gasses. Hey would you mind if we spray you with VX and Sarin Gas?

Edgewood, Md., guinea pigs (thousands) were mostly Seven Day Adventist. VA says that none of the guinea pigs are dead. In the next sentence the VA says that they don't even know where these guinea's are or what happened to them. This report speak out of both corners of the mouth.

There were other test out of Edgewood Md., that are unidentified, even now.

The VA even claims that many Bio-Chemical Test persons were actually healthier than the general population in 1984. Maybe VA thought no one would read this document from the VBA.

The VA has discounted the fact that DoD removed records, of anyone who had acute illness at the time of exposure, and then DoD refers back to the fact that there is no records of immediate illness at the times of exposures.

VA says that there were no individual exposures, and further that only groups were exposed with OP agents. If a person worked on the flight deck, of an AirCraft Carrier; who was exposed to open air, would he not be more susceptible to exposure than officers who were below decks in filtrated rooms?

VA persist in saying, that they will check the DD-214, to see if the Veteran was used in Project 112/SHAD Test. Only a small amount of this information was release, and not released until 2002. How could the Test be recorded on a DD-214 from 1969?

There are many more obscure items in this document.

I think I am going to give this Michael Kussman MD-MS-MACP, Acting Under Sec. for Health, a call tomorrow at his number 131 (202) 273-8579.

• In Memoriam

I just thought about something else that is important.

The VA, states that it needs DoD to verify Bio-Chem/SHAD Vets, and the DoD did not release information until 2002, how can the VA refer back to SHAD Vets in the early 1980's? (NRC 1985)

This is a VA admission that they knew about Bio-Chem/SHAD Vets prior to 2002. The VA knew about Bio-Chem/SHAD claims denials, prior to 2002, but the continued to deny legitimate claims.

• HadIt.com Elder

The 1985 report was the first health study based on the Edgewood veterans, I know as I was one of the men contacted, I have a copy of the work sheet, the DOD and the VA are both good at intertwining the dates and issues to confuse the matter.

This report states only 6700 men were used at Edgewood yet the March 2003 IOM report plainly states 7120 men were used, my test number is 6778A and the tests continued for at least 4 months after I left in the end of August 1974.

They are also ignoring the environmental exposures at the worst contaminated EPA site in the nation, probably the world, that base is the safest place in America to work, it will never be shut down, it is BRAC proof, they can't clean it up enough to turn it over to anyone else.

They had to cap the water wells and the aquifer for the town of Edgewood Maryland in 1978 after the EPA tests were done due to the hogh toxic levels in the drinking water, ground water and the soil. The term it was in the kool aid apply's here, even in the coffee, your shower, the post swimming pool etc. After checking the first 4 chemicals at CDC I quit they all cause heart problems, cardiac effects. etc.

They also state that DOD has declassified everything, that is BS, a investigator for Congress told me they would have to break open a blind study to get the info I wanted that they are still using the data gathered from 1952 thru 1975 in studies based on the numbers and new lab work on slides and cultures etc.

So basically we can't get the truth because we are still being used as "guinea pigs" funny about the COPD being listed as one of the presumptive conditions, on 28 July 2006 they just denied it again for the 3rd time.

And people wonder why vets don't trust the government....lol

• HadIt.com Elder

this report was relased by the Brits last month about Porton Downs, the British version of Edgewood Arsenal and Fort Detricks biological experiments combined, you will notice they ADMIT to having a high persentage of veterans with circulatory probelsm but not the IOM for one reason the IOM never addressed the total health issues, only nuerological, they know how to do a focused health study rather than a comprehensive one: Which one do you think is more accurate?

http://occmed.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/conte...ourcetype=HWCIT