Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×

Address

mymissie

Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Send this to the VA Regional Office that has jurisdiction over the VAMC that treated him-

It is probably the same one that handled his past claims-

This is filed just like a claim and they should acknowledge it.

Send it certified or by priority mail and get a tracking slip.

I always forget to mention this-

I add an oath on my claims -I have never used any VA claim form after filing my original 21-534 and the Education app-and have filed many personal claims since.

I just put that the facts and circumstances are the truth as I know them to be and that I understand I can be found guilty of perjury if my statements are untrue.

I think the regular VA claim form all have that type of oath but when you send a Sec 1151 or any letter to re-open- at least they have your oath and it is current.

Send this to the VA Regional Office that has jurisdiction over the VAMC that treated him-

It is probably the same one that handled his past claims-

This is filed just like a claim and they should acknowledge it.

Send it certified or by priority mail and get a tracking slip.

I always forget to mention this-

I add an oath on my claims -I have never used any VA claim form after filing my original 21-534 and the Education app-and have filed many personal claims since.

I just put that the facts and circumstances are the truth as I know them to be and that I understand I can be found guilty of perjury if my statements are untrue.

I think the regular VA claim form all have that type of oath but when you send a Sec 1151 or any letter to re-open- at least they have your oath and it is current.

Berta,

Thanks for info.

I am filing these 1151 claims,an I asked the his case be experdited,but his chance are Very slim that he will live to see these completed.

The Doctors sent him home-with all the pain medication .

The SO was not even interested in helping me this time. He was not even helpful filling out the VA form 9 that he recieved,with the Statement of the Case. For appeal to BVA.

Guess its a waste of his time-helping a dying man.

Edited by mymissie

Who is AO -do you mean AL? American Legion?

The I-9 has nothing to do with the Section 1151 does it?

I-9 is the formal appeal for a denial- the 1151 is a separate medical issue claim.

Who is AO -do you mean AL? American Legion?

The I-9 has nothing to do with the Section 1151 does it?

I-9 is the formal appeal for a denial- the 1151 is a separate medical issue claim.

Berta,

(Service Officer-) SO

Sorry,but I went an see my Brother,this afternoon. Can hardly hear him talk. He is really weak,an can not even get up by himself.

Was talking about VA form 9-that he got with Statement of the case. All bad news on that to.

Edited by mymissie