VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims Flowing Throuigh The Va, We Need A Chart.

Rate this question

Guest jstacy

Question

Guest jstacy

We need to gather information and put it together, I would be happy to summarize it.

What we need for the vets at Hadit is a process flow for a claim. The VARO must have one for I believe it is required. for example. Recipt of claim. where does it go, then next, next, next, and so on and so on.

This way a vet can ask the VA where a claim is and look the information up and determine what stage the claim is in in being adjuducated.

Any ideas are appreciated.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Vietnam vets are the ones who should be making sure they get treatment at the VA. Hey, they ignored and mistreated us for years, so now is the time to try and get them to recognize disabilites especially the agent orange ones. Now is the time for vets to build the medical history and document every medical condition. Most of us did not bother to do it when we were in the service as we were so anxious to get out and get back to the civilian world.

Guest jangrin
Vietnam vets are the ones who should be making sure they get treatment at the VA. Hey, they ignored and mistreated us for years, so now is the time to try and get them to recognize disabilites especially the agent orange ones. Now is the time for vets to build the medical history and document every medical condition. Most of us did not bother to do it when we were in the service as we were so anxious to get out and get back to the civilian world.

John999,

You are so good. You always seems to know exactly what to say to help us out. I appreciate your input. Your right, Vets need to have their civilian MDs as well as VA document everything. However, there are so many Vietnam era veterans that can not bring themselves to deal with the VA system, because of the psychological battle they have going on inside them. How are we going to be able to help the veterans help each other so their voices can be heard. That's the problem, and the government knows it. There has to be a way to make this better, if not only for the sake of the vets that don't have any other options except the VA. It is wrong for veterans to die before they or their families get the help they need. That's why Tbirds websit is so great veterans helping veterans. We really need about 1 million or so members. Then we could get the word out to the other however million veterans there are. I think I will send everyone I know a personal letter and this web address, to start towards the million member forum. Thanks John999.

Jangrin :rolleyes:

Guest jstacy
post-154-1155826271_thumb.jpgHere is the first draft of the Proposed chart. We need additional input but I think we should keep it as simple as possible. Edited by jstacy

NVLSP publishes two charts of this type,

One is on page 875 of the VBM (2005 edition), also there is another more detailed one in the VBM as well as a complete step by step account on RO methods to precess claims within Chapter 12, pages 833 through 893-Regional - and then a lot more on the BVA MOS in additional chapters.

Also Don published at hadit a very good step by step claims procedure- some time ago at hadit-

I think this is good info to have here-

I just have no time to scan the NVLSP charts-and post them here -maybe tomorrow I could-and I am sure you have it all on the thumbnail-I could not read it well- probably I should use MicroOffice to read it-?

It goes from formal application ,or re-open- to initial DTA reg applications, to Triage, Pre-determination Team,Rating, Post determination team ,notices to claimants, notice of failure to prosecute a claim when vet fails to respond to VA, DRO process, hearings, subpeona requests- (I have asked for 2 Subpeonas to be issued by the RO director-if needed -we all have that right-these regs are there-), VACO reviews,

SOC, SSOC. etc etc-

the whole nine yards-

A lot goes on or should go on before a claim is transferred to the BVA.

This is good info-wil try to find Don's older post too-

You mean like the attached Service Center Policy claims step by step process? It would probably be best to do it using microsoft power point charts, then scan them in as a .pdf file. That way all can read it and Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free download from the internet to all that don't currently have it.

Veteran_Service_Center_Policy.doc

Guest jstacy

That is good but we need a quick reference. It need to be simplified. We are dealing with Disabled Veterans from all walks of life. It needs to be as simple as possible for any Veteran to be able to understand.