VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally After Almost 6 Years

Rate this topic

jperez

hi all, thank you for all the advice that i have read on other peoples posts and my own. after VARO LA stalled for a couple of years finaly was able to get a C and P exam. and now im rated at 50% combined. the person on the phone did not have all the details but told me the award letter was being printed up. still haven't received the letter but have received the back pay and ebenefits states 50% combined. also for some reason my dependents are not on there or listed on my ebenefits. the person on the phone says they are in the system and just to wait till i recieve the letter. either way im happy that i finally got my rating. thanks again all.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on your positive adjudication.

Spend wisely.

hi all, thank you for all the advice that i have read on other peoples posts and my own. after VARO LA stalled for a couple of years finaly was able to get a C and P exam. and now im rated at 50% combined. the person on the phone did not have all the details but told me the award letter was being printed up. still haven't received the letter but have received the back pay and ebenefits states 50% combined. also for some reason my dependents are not on there or listed on my ebenefits. the person on the phone says they are in the system and just to wait till i recieve the letter. either way im happy that i finally got my rating. thanks again all.

Congratulations!

The VA often "takes off" our dependents, and assumes all Vets are drug addicts and will not only divorce our spouse, but alienate our kids too. Then we have to add the dependents a SECOND TIME AFTER we get our award.

It saves the VA a ton of money this way, because many Vets say..."gee, I sent in dependent information ONCE, isnt that enough?"....No, it isnt enough. The VA will weasel you out of dependents pay, by insisting you send in dependents information TWICE.

If you do not send it in TWICE, then the VA wont pay you for dependents. Some Vet needs to sue the VA on this..there is no regulation requiring DUPLICATE dependent information be sent...once before applying and AGAIN after you are awarded benefits.

They will pay "retro" on dependents ONLY IF you send a SECOND time their birth certificates, and the dependency form WITHIN ONE YEAR OF THE DECISION. After a year, and its no retro pay. Count on it taking a couple years to ever get dependents pay. They drag their feet on this. Further, they will use any excuse to deny this also. "Oh, you didnt send in your dependents form within a year"....(when you did). Count on them to lose that form several times. The have lost mine since 2005, and I am appealing this to the CAVC. REally. They fight you tooth and nail on every thing.

Edited by broncovet

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use