VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Moved Backwards From Preparation For Notification To Pending Decision Approval

Rate this question

Spartan3

Question

My VSO called me about 2 weeks ago and told me congrats and that my claim for an increase has been approved and I was awarded 100% PT (up from 60% combined)...it has been about 18 months since my claim for an increase was submitted, so I was very happy to hear this news. I was one of those guys who kept checking my Ebenefits status almost everyday especially after my C&P exams. my claimwas stuck in the "gathering of evidence" phase for about 16 months until I was finally called in for my C&P exams. After my C&P exams it seemed things were moving along, I kept checking my EBenefits status and it moved all the way from gathering of evidence to prep for decision, to pending decision approval, and then to prep for notification within a few weeks! and after the call from my VSO 2 weeks ago I thought the wait was definitley over! but a week ago I checked my Ebenefits and it has moved backwards from prpe for notification back to "pending decision approval" and my AB8 letter and everything else such as my payment history is still showing me at the 60% rate which will be coming in tomarrow on 5/1/2013. Im kind of freaking out as to why it would move backwards from prep for notification to pending decision approval and I still havent recieved anything by mail. Im going to give it another few weeks and call my VSO I guess. When she called me she told me that one item was deferred but that my increase for my PTSD and my Back Injury were approved and that I was bumped up to 100% PT and that I should be seeing my first check on 5/1/2013 (which I checked and I am not)..has this happened t anyone else? Am i freaking out over nothing? has anyones VSO ever told them they were approved for an increase or an award but later found out/something happened where it wasnt true or it was denied? I hope someone can calm my nerves! Thanks brothers- Earl

today my claim on ebenefits has finally moved to complete! and my AB8 letter shows me at 100%!...i cant wit until i finally get paid, hopefully by the 1st of next month im hoping!

Congrats - hang in there on the retro.

Thanks Everyone! it feels great that my claim is finally complete, but it still hasnt really sunk in for me I guess...I just cant really believe it until I have the money in my account. Ive read many other forums on this site about horror stories of veterans waiting a very long time, even some waiting over a year and still they have not recieved their retro payment...which is ridiculous and should not ever happen...im just keeping my fingers crossed that will not happen to me. Ill keep checking my payment history on Ebennies and obviously checking my bank account for payment, and I will let you all know (hopefully) when it finally comes. wish me luck! god bless- Earl

Ok, so I checked my payment history on EBenefits this morning, and to my suprise I saw my huge retro payment was sent to my bank account! I was jumping for joy!, then I checked my bank account, but its not there, I called the bank, and they said they do not see anything coming in or pending. So, maybe since its such a large amount it will take another day or two, who knows, but im so close i can taste it!. Every time ive ever checked my payment history on EBenefits, the date it said it was sent to the bank is the day the money was actually cleared in my bank, this is the only time that it actually hasnt. Ill wait until tomarrow and take a look I guess!

Spartan3 (Earl) i've enjoyed reading your thread daily !!!! Congrats are in order So I will say my customary Thank you for sharing and Thank you for your service !!! Enjoy it you deserve it all !!!

so I just checked my bank account online a few minutes ago...and guess what? THEY PAID ME!!! I got my retro!!!! its finally REAL! wooo hoooo!!! I just want to thank all of you for everything! love you all! god bless!!!!!! if any of you ever come to Buffalo, beers on me!!!!!