• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
Spartan3

Moved Backwards From Preparation For Notification To Pending Decision Approval

Question

My VSO called me about 2 weeks ago and told me congrats and that my claim for an increase has been approved and I was awarded 100% PT (up from 60% combined)...it has been about 18 months since my claim for an increase was submitted, so I was very happy to hear this news. I was one of those guys who kept checking my Ebenefits status almost everyday especially after my C&P exams. my claimwas stuck in the "gathering of evidence" phase for about 16 months until I was finally called in for my C&P exams. After my C&P exams it seemed things were moving along, I kept checking my EBenefits status and it moved all the way from gathering of evidence to prep for decision, to pending decision approval, and then to prep for notification within a few weeks! and after the call from my VSO 2 weeks ago I thought the wait was definitley over! but a week ago I checked my Ebenefits and it has moved backwards from prpe for notification back to "pending decision approval" and my AB8 letter and everything else such as my payment history is still showing me at the 60% rate which will be coming in tomarrow on 5/1/2013. Im kind of freaking out as to why it would move backwards from prep for notification to pending decision approval and I still havent recieved anything by mail. Im going to give it another few weeks and call my VSO I guess. When she called me she told me that one item was deferred but that my increase for my PTSD and my Back Injury were approved and that I was bumped up to 100% PT and that I should be seeing my first check on 5/1/2013 (which I checked and I am not)..has this happened t anyone else? Am i freaking out over nothing? has anyones VSO ever told them they were approved for an increase or an award but later found out/something happened where it wasnt true or it was denied? I hope someone can calm my nerves! Thanks brothers- Earl

Thanks Everyone! it feels great that my claim is finally complete, but it still hasnt really sunk in for me I guess...I just cant really believe it until I have the money in my account. Ive read many other forums on this site about horror stories of veterans waiting a very long time, even some waiting over a year and still they have not recieved their retro payment...which is ridiculous and should not ever happen...im just keeping my fingers crossed that will not happen to me. Ill keep checking my payment history on Ebennies and obviously checking my bank account for payment, and I will let you all know (hopefully) when it finally comes. wish me luck! god bless- Earl

P.S. Dot09...why do you think it will be on the 6th or 7th next month?...just curious...

Ok, so I checked my payment history on EBenefits this morning, and to my suprise I saw my huge retro payment was sent to my bank account! I was jumping for joy!, then I checked my bank account, but its not there, I called the bank, and they said they do not see anything coming in or pending. So, maybe since its such a large amount it will take another day or two, who knows, but im so close i can taste it!. Every time ive ever checked my payment history on EBenefits, the date it said it was sent to the bank is the day the money was actually cleared in my bank, this is the only time that it actually hasnt. Ill wait until tomarrow and take a look I guess!

• Like 1

Spartan3 (Earl) i've enjoyed reading your thread daily !!!! Congrats are in order So I will say my customary Thank you for sharing and Thank you for your service !!! Enjoy it you deserve it all !!!

so I just checked my bank account online a few minutes ago...and guess what? THEY PAID ME!!! I got my retro!!!! its finally REAL! wooo hoooo!!! I just want to thank all of you for everything! love you all! god bless!!!!!! if any of you ever come to Buffalo, beers on me!!!!!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By duffman88
      SECTION I:
      ---------- 1. Diagnostic Summary --------------------- Does the Veteran have a diagnosis of PTSD that conforms to DSM-5 criteria based on today's evaluation? [X] Yes [ ] No
      ICD code: F43.12
      2.Current Diagnoses -------------------- a. Mental Disorder Diagnosis
      #1: Posttraumatic Stress Disorder ICD code: F43.12 Comments, if More likely than not secondary to military combat trauma.
      Mental Disorder Diagnosis #2: Persistent Depressive Disorder, with persistent Major Depressive Episode ICD code: F34.1 Comments, if any: More likely than not incurred during active duty military service.
      Mental Disorder Diagnosis #3: Alcohol Use Disorder ICD code: F10.20 Comments, if any: More likely than not secondary to diagnoses 1 and 2.
      b. Medical diagnoses relevant to the understanding or management of the mental health disorder (to include TBI): Obesity
      3. Differentiation of symptoms ------------------------------ a. Does the Veteran have more than one mental disorder diagnosed? [X] Yes [ ] No
      b. Is it possible to differentiate what symptom(s) is/are attributable to each diagnosis? [X] Yes [ ] No [ ] Not applicable (N/A)
      If yes, list which symptoms are attributable to each diagnosis and discuss whether there is any clinical association between these diagnoses: The veteran's symptoms can be partially differentiated. The symptoms specifically attributable to PTSD include those that reflect a reexperiencing of trauma (for example, nightmares, flashbacks, and intrusive memories), hyper arousal (for example, exaggerated startle reflex and hypervigilance), and avoidance of trauma reminders. Other symptoms are nonspecific and may reflect PTSD and/or depression. These symptoms include irritability, depressed mood, negative cognitions about self and others, sleep disturbance, diminished participation in significant activities, and disconnection from other people.
      The veteran's excessive use of alcohol can be understood as reflective of the avoidance symptoms of PTSD; the effect of the alcohol is to cause intoxication that allows the veteran to temporarily avoid other PTSD symptoms through alcohol "self-medication."
      c. Does the Veteran have a diagnosed traumatic brain injury (TBI)? [ ] Yes [X] No [ ] Not shown in records reviewed
      4. Occupational and social impairment -------------------------------------
      a. Which of the following best summarizes the Veteran's level of occupational
      and social impairment with regards to all mental diagnoses? (Check only one) [X] Occupational and social impairment with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgment, thinking and/or mood
      b. For the indicated occupational and social impairment, is it possible to differentiate which impairment is caused by each mental disorder? [ ] Yes [X] No [ ] Not Applicable (N/A) If no, provide reason: The impact of the veteran's mental conditions on social and occupational functioning is interrelated and overlapping, and therefore it is not possible to reliably differentiate the independent impact of each one on the veteran's functioning.
      c. If a diagnosis of TBI exists, is it possible to differentiate which occupational and social impairment indicated above is caused by the TBI? [ ] Yes [ ] No [X] Not Applicable (N/A)
      SECTION II: ----------- Clinical Findings: ------------------ 1. Evidence Review ------------------ Evidence reviewed (check all that apply):
      [X] VA e-folder
      [X] CPRS
      Evidence Comments:
      The veteran's electronic claims file and VA records were reviewed. The veteran's claims file includes a DD 214 document showing entry into the US Army on November 17, 2009 with an honorable discharge at a rank of E4 on July 22, 2014. The reason for separation is listed as weight control failure. A separation medical examination dated April 20, 2014 is marked "normal" for psychiatric clinical evaluation. In support of the veterans claim for PTSD he provided written statements describing 2 stressful incidents as follows: 1) artillery attack in Afghanistan in January or February 2011, 2) Suicide of best friend on Christmas Day 2013. The veteran's VA records show that he was seen at the Newburg CBOC by the primary care mental health integration staff on July 27, 2016 at which time he was reporting symptoms including depression, feelings of worthlessness, sleep disturbance, and frustration. The diagnoses listed were "anger, anxiety." Records do not indicate the veteran followed up this appointments
      with additional sessions. The veteran was seen on January 17, 2019 at the Dayton VA Medical Ctr Prime care mental health integration program, where his chief complaint related to depressive symptoms that had begun shortly after his grandfather's death in 2011. He also reported the loss of 2 friends to suicide in 2012 and 2013. He reported symptoms including anergia, amotivation, depressed mood, irritability, and increased appetite as well as some anxiety symptoms that began in 2014 after separating from the military and included wanting to leave crowded situations and vague hypervigilance symptoms. The veteran reported that his depressive symptoms were his primary concern. He was diagnosed with unspecified depressive disorder (with rule out for major depressive disorder versus persistent depressive disorder) and unspecified anxiety disorder, (with rule out for generalized anxiety disorder versus PTSD). Records show the veteran was scheduled for group treatment following the initial assessment, but did not show, and has not returned to the VA for mental health treatment since then.
      2. History
      a. Relevant social/marital/family history (pre-military, military, and post-military): The veteran reported that he was raised in a small town in Ohio, living with his mother and grandparents until about age 10. His natural father was not in the picture. The veteran's stepfather entered his life when he was about 8, and later adopted him. The veteran also has 3 younge r sisters. He reported that he was treated very well by his parents and grandparents. He was involved in baseball and other sports, and had no significant academic problems. He graduated high school on time then briefly attended college. The veteran was married to his first wife before entering the military, but she left him when he was deployed to Afghanistan. That marriage never produced children. The veteran and his current wife have been married 7 years, and they have 2 children, ages 4 and 2. The veteran stated the relationship is "shitty" right now because he doesn't talk to his wife and he pushes her away. He said that she has talked about separating, and it was in January of this year that he finally sought treatment because she threatened to leave and take the children. The veteran stated the children are the only thing that brings a smile to his face.
      b. Relevant occupational and educational history (pre-military, military, and post-military): Prior to entering the military, the veteran briefly attended college, and then went to NASCAR tech school in North Carolina, but "it wasn't for me." He joined the military approximately at age 22. He was trained in artillery and deployed to Afghanistan in 2011. The veteran's duty in Afghanistan included providing FOB security, and tell her guard duty. Occasionally, they shot artillery.
      Military trauma:
      Stressor #1: Early in his tour while stationed in Bagram, the base was attacked with artillery fire. The veteran stated he was terrified and petrified. He was out smoking near the command post when the shells started hitting. He dove between some barriers and other people dove on top of him. He could hear the shells hitting and recalled turning over to see them flying overhead. After the shelling stopped, the veteran was frozen. His Sgt. slapped him. They had taken many incoming that day, and though nobody was killed in his platoon, the veteran doesn't know if others on the base were harmed. After that day, he remained always on alert and tried not to think about it.
      Stressor #2: Later, he was stationed in Salerno, Afghanistan when another artillery strike occurred. Again, the veteran froze.
      Stressor #3: A third incident occurred when he was stationed at COB Zormat - they took incoming artillery and returned artillery in response. Once again, the veteran froze, and was taken aside by his Sgt. who chewed him out, shamed him, and told him to hide his fear. The veteran stated he was afraid to say anything to anyone because he feared he looked like "a xxxxx." While in Afghanistan, the veteran received word from his wife that she wanted a divorce. The veteran stated that his friend helped him through his distress. In 2013, on Christmas day, his friend committed suicide. The veteran stated that when he heard of this, he was angry, including anger at himself for not seeing the warning signs. Veteran stated that his friend's suicide has ruined Christmas for him ever since. Post military occupational functioning: The veteran has been unable to maintain employment since his military discharge. In the first few years post discharge he held 4 to 5 different jobs, the longest being less than a year. Then, he found work as a corrections officer in a prison in Kentucky. However, the
      veteran's depression, drinking, calling off work, anxiety, and irritability, resulted in him being terminated after about 2 years. He got into trouble for losing his temper with the captain and cussing her out. In May 2018, he moved to Ohio having landed another job as a corrections officer with a prison in London. He was there less than 6 months before being terminated. Again, he was having difficulty due to anxiety, irritability, depression, poor attendance, and drinking. He briefly worked at the Post Office as a mail carrier after that, but couldn't get enough sleep, felt depressed, and felt that everyone who worked there was from the military. He couldn't stand it. The veteran has been unemployed for some months now. He wishes to return to school and earned his bachelor's degree. Even at school, he had difficulty because people wanted to ask him about his military service and he always wanted to avoid it.
      c. Relevant mental health history, to include prescribed medications and family mental health (pre-military, military, and post-military): The veteran stated that he was never the same after his deployment. He has felt fearful, depressed, and worthless. He experienced the loss of his grandfather while he was deployed, and the loss of his friend to suicide in 2013. The veteran stated he sleeps poorly, waking up many times throughout the night, and dreaming about artillery attacks. He has intrusive thoughts about his military trauma and other negative military experiences, and at times has physical symptoms including rapid heart rate, shortness of breath, sweating, and trembling. He drinks excessively as an apparent avoidance technique. He has problems with anger outbursts and irritability. He has hypervigilance, problems concentrating, exaggerated startle reflex, feelings of guilt, feelings of inadequacy and worthlessness, inability to connect with others, and wonders if others would be better off if he were dead. The veteran second-guesses his actions in Afghanistan and thinks he could've done better and "I should've manned up." He said he feels worthless. He wonders why he cowered when his base was attacked. He shakes when he hears loud noises, and can't tolerate fireworks. He rarely does activities unless he must, and generally just wants to be by himself. He sees others as threatening, and feels disconnected from everyone including his wife, with the exception of his children, and more recently, his therapist Dr. Ward. The veteran stated he has lost interest in things he used to enjoy, most notably sports. He overeats and drinks excessively. He avoids his friends because he doesn't want to talk about the military. He dropped
      out of school because people kept asking about his military service. He hates going to his parents home because his mother has erected a "shrine" to him in their living room, and he is to fearful of disappointing his parents to tell them how much he hates it. The veteran sought treatment earlier this year, and has now been working with a psychologist in Spring field, Dr. Ward, for 4-5 months. He stated that Dr. Ward is the one person he feels close to. They recently began EMDR therapy. The veteran has been referred for medication, but is awaiting his first appointment.
      d. Relevant legal and behavioral history (pre-military, military, and post-military): The veteran has no history of legal problems.
      e. Relevant substance abuse history (pre-military, military, and post-military): The veteran has been drinking excessively since his return from Afghanistan. He estimates that he was drinking a bottle of hard liquor per day at his peak. It has decreased somewhat recently as he has been engaged in therapy, but he continues to drink quite heavily. f. Other, if any: No response provided.
      3. Stressors ------------ Describe one or more specific stressor event(s) the Veteran considers traumatic (may be pre-military, military, or post-military):
      a. Stressor #1: Artillery attacks at Bagram and Salerno, Afghanistan Does this stressor meet Criterion A (i.e., is it adequate to support the diagnosis of PTSD)? [X] Yes [ ] No
      Is the stressor related to the Veteran's fear of hostile military or terrorist activity? [X] Yes [ ] No
      Is the stressor related to personal assault, e.g. military sexual trauma? [ ] Yes [X] No
      4. PTSD Diagnostic Criteria --------------------------- Note: Please check criteria used for establishing the current PTSD
      diagnosis. Do NOT mark symptoms below that are clearly not attributable to the Criterion A stressor/PTSD. Instead, overlapping symptoms clearly attributable to other things should be noted under #7 - Other symptoms. The diagnostic criteria for PTSD, referred to as Criterion A-H, are from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-5).
      Criterion A: Exposure to actual or threatened a) death, b) serious injury, c) sexual violence, in one or more of the following ways: [X] Directly experiencing the traumatic event(s)
      Criterion B: Presence of (one or more) of the following intrusion symptoms associated with the traumatic event(s), beginning after the traumatic event(s) occurred: [X] Recurrent, involuntary, and intrusive distressing memories of the traumatic event(s). [X] Recurrent distressing dreams in which the content and/or affect of the dream are related to the traumatic event(s). [X] Intense or prolonged psychological distress at exposure to internal or external cues that symbolize or resemble an aspect of the traumatic event(s). [X] Marked physiological reactions to internal or external cues that symbolize or resemble an aspect of the traumatic event(s).
      Criterion Persistent avoidance of stimuli associated with the traumatic event(s), beginning after the traumatic events(s) occurred, as evidenced by one or both of the following: [X] Avoidance of or efforts to avoid distressing memories, thoughts, or feelings about or closely associated with the traumatic event(s). [X] Avoidance of or efforts to avoid external reminders (people, places, conversations, activities, objects, situations) that arouse distressing memories, thoughts, or feelings about or closely associated with the traumatic event(s).
      Criterion Negative alterations in cognitions and mood associated with
      the traumatic event(s), beginning or worsening after the traumatic event(s) occurred, as evidenced by two (or more) of the following: [X] Persistent and exaggerated negative beliefs or expectations about oneself, others, or the world (e.g., "I am bad,: "No one can be trusted,: "The world is completely dangerous,: "My whole nervous system is permanently ruined"). [X] Persistent, distorted cognitions about the cause or consequences of the traumatic event(s) that lead the individual to blame himself/herself or others. [X] Persistent negative emotional state (e.g., fear, horror, anger, guilt, or shame). [X] Markedly diminished interest or participation in significant activities. [X] Feelings of detachment or estrangement from others.
      Criterion E: Marked alterations in arousal and reactivity associated with the traumatic event(s), beginning or worsening after the traumatic event(s) occurred, as evidenced by two (or more) of the following: [X] Irritable behavior and angry outbursts (with little or no provocation) typically expressed as verbal or physical aggression toward people or objects. [X] Reckless or self-destructive behavior. [X] Hypervigilance. [X] Exaggerated startle response. [X] Problems with concentration. [X] Sleep disturbance (e.g., difficulty falling or staying asleep or restless 
      Criterion F: [X] Duration of the disturbance (Criteria B, C, D, and E) is more than 1 month.
      Criterion G: [X] The disturbance causes clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.
      Criterion H: [X] The disturbance is not attributable to the physiological effects of a substance (e.g., medication, alcohol) or
      another medical condition. Criterion I: Which stressor(s) contributed to the Veteran's PTSD diagnosis?: [X] Stressor #1
      5. Symptoms ----------- For VA rating purposes, check all symptoms that actively apply to the Veteran's diagnoses: [X] Depressed mood [X] Anxiety [X] Suspiciousness [X] Chronic sleep impairment [X] Disturbances of motivation and mood [X] Difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships [X] Difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances, including work or a worklike setting
      6. Behavioral Observations -------------------------- The veteran arrived on time for his scheduled examination. His identity was confirmed by having him provide his full name and date of birth. The veteran presents as a tall, obese, Caucasian male who appears the stated age. He was dressed casually and exhibited good grooming and hygiene. He had tattoos visible on his lower and upper extremities. His posture, gait, and psychomotor activity were within normal limits. His manner of interaction was cooperative, courteous, and friendly. His speech was normal in rate, rhythm, tone, and volume. His thought processes were clear, logical, coherent, and goal-directed. Veteran reported his mood to be depressed, with affect congruent. He denied suicidal ideation, but admitted to thoughts of death and wondering if others would be better off without him. He denied homicidal ideation as well as auditory and visual hallucinations.
      7. Other symptoms ----------------- Does the Veteran have any other symptoms attributable to PTSD (and other mental disorders) that are not listed above? [ ] Yes [X] No
      8. Competency ------------- Is the Veteran capable of managing his or her financial affairs? [X] Yes [ ] No
      .9 Remarks, (including any testing results) if any -------------------------------------------------- In my opinion, the veteran meets DSM 5 diagnostic criteria for posttraumatic stress disorder, which is more likely than not secondary to military trauma. In this veteran's case, there is a strong component of shame that is also associated with his military service and is foundationally related to his depressive disorder. His experience of freezing during 3 artillery attacks is something that is associated with feelings of overwhelming shame, worthlessness, helplessness, and inadequacy for the veteran. These thoughts and feelings contribute significantly to his depressive condition, and contribute meaningfully to his PTSD symptoms as well. The veteran also experienced significant losses during military service that have likely aggravated his PTSD and depressive conditions. Notably, the veteran's grandfather died in 2011 when the veteran was deployed to Afghanistan, and his best friend committed suicide on Christmas day in 2013. Both losses were experienced by the veteran as emotionally traumatic and contribute to his symptomatology. The veteran has developed a dysfunctional coping mechanism of excessive alcohol intake in his efforts to suppress negative feelings associated with his traumas. As his excessive alcohol use appears to be largely in the service of avoidance of distress and suppression of intrusive/reexperiencing symptoms, it is my opinion that his alcohol use disorder is secondary to his PTSD and depressive disorders. The veteran's mental health symptoms have severely impaired his functional capacity. He is socially disengaged and avoidant. He has difficulty expressing himself emotionally, showing empathy, or forming emotional bonds with others. Occupationally, the veteran has exhibited significant dysfunction as he has been unable to maintain employment due to anxiety, depression, avoidance, alcohol abuse, irritability, shame. Hs shame about his reactions of freezing during artillery attacks prompts him to avoid interpersonal interactions as much as possible as he fears that the topic of his military service will arise. Recently, the veteran has begun outpatient mental health treatment in the form of individual counseling, and he is awaiting an appointment for trial of medication.
    • By weep4souls
      I'm a Gulf War veteran with 90% S/C for various conditions. Some conditions that have been denied have been frustrating since I'm still suffering with symptoms. How can I create a Nexus for sinusitis and sleep apnea? I'm 30% for asthma and tried to create a relation between sleep apnea and asthma, but that was a no go. I was thinking trying again and tying my PTSD to that. Any thoughts? 
      I was also shot down on sinusitis from the get go, but I thought all I had to do was tie my gulf war time to that condition. I guess I was wrong.
    • By tw4904
      So I pretty much have my statements together. I feel pretty confident especially since I do have a CAB. However, I am already diagnosed with Chronic PTSD by my psychiatrist who works for the VA. I am also being treated by him with medication. And it helps me out alot. Will the doctor who I see during the examination judge me off of how he see's me in my current condition and say I am fine even though I am medication to help with PTSD? I typed up a very lengthy paragraph in the remarks section of the 21-0781 and stated two incidents like directed. Surely they wouldnt judge on my current well being because I am being treated. Also it has been 1 year and 3 months since I got out, and I have been on medication for about 2 and a half months. Also, one of my parents committed suicide a day after I got back from deployment. I was on the fence about bringing this up, but I would be lying through my teeth if I brought up all the things that happened since I was 19 and didnt bring this up. Will this hurt my case in any way?
    • By mikeriggs
      I filed a claim in october of 2018 for ptsd and TDIU, long story short I tried to do everything myself and didn't have the proper diagnosis so I was service connected for anxiety based on having a medical marijuana card diagnosis for anxiety but the rating was 30% and I much worse off then that. So I obtained a referral from the va to a fancy psychiatrist from the university of north florida's behavior health department and was diagnosed with ptsd, bi polar 1 and panic disorder. I used this new medical evidence as my supplemental claim evidence and filed it April 16, 2019 after receiving my letter March 20, 2019. My claim is now at Pending Decision Approval with an estimated completion date of july 2, 2019 which is super fast from all I have read. My question is, Am I going to be awarded tdiu with the evidence I submitted if they adjust me up to 70% which I think it will . Or if they award 70% for ptsd on this new supplemental claim will i have to re-apply for tdiu again? Or would that all be considered in the final review of the entire claim? Thanks for any help.
      1-22 1BCT 4th I.D. "Regulars by God"
    • By J.Robbins
      I’m in final review for about 40 days after spending almost 5 years in legacy. Peggy says almost done but no date. They have everything since 5/1. I thought ramp was quicker .I opted in 5/13.
      I get close then it gets sent back. No one know anything.All you can do is wait
  • Ads

• Our picks

• Disabled Veterans Property Tax Exemptions by State
      Alabama 
      A disabled veteran in Alabama may receive a full property tax exemption on his/her primary residence if the veteran is 100 percent disabled as a result of service and has a net annual income of $12,000 or less.
      • 0 replies
    • Thanks everyone for their answers and advise and yes Ido have a VSO American legion but unfortunately I still have to manage to work and call times are mornings only almost impossible to talk with him.

I am gonna try to get ahold of him tomorrow but u have to call right at 0730 eastern OR call list fills and never get on his list sucks!

The worst thing I’m going through is that I’m stuck in limbo I can’t file on my other things I can’t add nothing I can’t do anything basically my hands are tied, this is complete wearing on me mentally Not to mention I’ve been out of the service since 95 was six service-connected disabilities and then thrown to the wayside as a young adult with no knowledge of how what or when by the VA  now that I’m middle-aged my service-connected disabilities Have gotten so severe that I have multiple secondaries until I came across by chance a VSO in my county that helped me out back in 15 I’d still be at a loss and left at the wayside forgotten about now that I’ve been back in the system And have a 80% rating the VA now is trying to drop two of my ratings because I feel that this DRO rview is going to put me at 100% or really close  in a way to just keep us down and out and causing worse injuries by forcing ourselves to do what we have to as humans to survive in the workforce that you can’t really physically do anymore sucks all the way around! 
    • Need your support - Please buy a mug or a membership
      had to move to a dedicated server this month and our costs have gone up, if you have been thinking about subscribing to an ad free forum or buying a mug now would a very helpful time to do that.

Thank you for your support
      • 15 replies
    • Permanent and Total from cck-law..com
      1:10 What is Permanent and Total Disability?

2:05 Conditions that automatically receive a permanent and total rating (P&T)

2:32 Conditions less likely to receive P&T

4:29 How to find out if your VA rating is permanent

6:03 Is there a VA form to apply for Perm and Total status?

6:39 Viewer Question: If you have permanent and total Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), are you automatically entitled to P&T disability at the VA?

8:03 If you receive Total Disability for Individual Unemployability (TDIU), are you permanent and total?

8:26 The advantages of having Permanent and Total VA Disability Other Protections from VA Rating Reductions

10:26 Stabilized Ratings

11:26 Continuous Ratings

12:57 What to do if VA proposes a rating reduction

16:03 Final Thoughts & Tips

https://cck-law.com/news/newsfaq-friday-permanent-and-total-pt-disability/

• 8 replies
    • Veteran Population by State
      https://hadit.com/veteran-population-by-state/

veterans-statistics-by-state-2018.pdf
      • 0 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines