VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Moved Backwards From Preparation For Notification To Pending Decision Approval

Rate this question

Spartan3

Question

My VSO called me about 2 weeks ago and told me congrats and that my claim for an increase has been approved and I was awarded 100% PT (up from 60% combined)...it has been about 18 months since my claim for an increase was submitted, so I was very happy to hear this news. I was one of those guys who kept checking my Ebenefits status almost everyday especially after my C&P exams. my claimwas stuck in the "gathering of evidence" phase for about 16 months until I was finally called in for my C&P exams. After my C&P exams it seemed things were moving along, I kept checking my EBenefits status and it moved all the way from gathering of evidence to prep for decision, to pending decision approval, and then to prep for notification within a few weeks! and after the call from my VSO 2 weeks ago I thought the wait was definitley over! but a week ago I checked my Ebenefits and it has moved backwards from prpe for notification back to "pending decision approval" and my AB8 letter and everything else such as my payment history is still showing me at the 60% rate which will be coming in tomarrow on 5/1/2013. Im kind of freaking out as to why it would move backwards from prep for notification to pending decision approval and I still havent recieved anything by mail. Im going to give it another few weeks and call my VSO I guess. When she called me she told me that one item was deferred but that my increase for my PTSD and my Back Injury were approved and that I was bumped up to 100% PT and that I should be seeing my first check on 5/1/2013 (which I checked and I am not)..has this happened t anyone else? Am i freaking out over nothing? has anyones VSO ever told them they were approved for an increase or an award but later found out/something happened where it wasnt true or it was denied? I hope someone can calm my nerves! Thanks brothers- Earl

Congrats. So I'm in the same boat. About a month and a half ago the vso sent me a letter stating I was going to get 50% for ptsd and 0% for my shoulder and ankle. It was sitting in preparation for notification and estimated to be done in late august. They denied my tbi and sensitivity to light claim because they never scheduled the C&P. Anyway I checked tonight and my AB8 letter states I'm receiving 50% at $810 effective 20121201. Now my original filing date was 20110726. But now my claim is all the way back in the gathering evidence phase and estimated to take from december to march of next year. How can I get an AB8 stating the exact rating they believed I would get yet be in gathering evidence? Could it be that they awarded me the 50% and are now going back to do the remaining parts of my claim? Mine was expidited because I was homeless and am still nearing that point again.

2012-12-01 is COLA

Also it mentioned that a decision notification letter was sent and as of yesterday that wasn't the case, so I'm confused. The AB8 was dated today the 19th. I'm not sure if I should be crushed its back to gathering evidence or elated that I'm going to be getting the 50% and almost two years retro pay and then fighting for my additional claims.

Your AB8 letter will have the date of the day you downloaded. For example, if you download your letter tomorrow, it will read 6/19/2013. You will just have to be patient and wait for your BBE.

Congrats to you and the OP!!

Edited by Tela

Ok so them saying that they sent me a decision notification letter and my AB8 and AB7 should bode well that I will get my packet soon. My only worry is that my original claim is back at gathering evidence yet I had already received a letter from the dav saying that they had approved me for 50% and last I had checked it was in preperation for notification. Obviously no one will know for sure but I can't get ahold of my vso so I figured I'd ask here just trying to make sense of what seems a bit confusing and contradictory.

Well I spoke with the VSO and he said that yesterday they had indeed made a decision on my ptsd portion of my claim and that a letter was sent out yesterday and the reason it was back in gathering evidence was because they are allowed to make partial decisions and defer the other parts so as to allow me to receive compensation on what no longer needed evidence and then continue working on the rest of my claim

*Does happy dance*

As of 11/09/2013 my Claim for Lower Back Pain/ IU has move backward from preparation decision to Gathering of Evidence are the VA serious can some one explain this to me now they are requesting my entire personal file I thought that this information is in their possession. I think these folks is messing around with me why notify me by e-bene that the claim is in the prep for decision phase..

> Mr. Howard:
> eBenefits is a portal that pulls data from one main system the VA uses.
> Unfortunately, because this only has the capability of generally reading one
> system (and the VA uses multiple systems for tracking information),
> eBenefits can reflect incorrect or outdated information or sometimes. After
> reviewing your file, it is determine that we have, in fact, received your
> 5103 waiver (VCAA response) along with additional medical records. However,
> this was not updated in one of the systems used by the VA which is,
> unfortunately, why eBenefits reflects otherwise. On 10-11-13, the VSR
> assigned to your case reviewed your file and determined we have all
> necessary evidence from you for a decision. Therefore, the file was sent to
> the rating board for review.
>

>
> Sincerely,
>
> James R Ard
> Veterans Service Center Manager
>
>
> [---001:002550:57370---]

Edited by bhoward422

Spartan3,

Thanks so much for your post! I was googling through posts because I am in the same exact boat. Your post really cleared things up for me. I am 70% now but my VA rep told me last week that I got the 100% P&T, I was SOOOOOO happy because she said they should retro it back to last year! Now my claim in ebennies has went from notification to decision approval a couple times, but a lady from the regional office called me last on tuesday to verify my address to send the decision. I can feel that it's so close, yet I am having such anxiety watching ebenefits!

Again thanks for you post, and congratulations! (I know this was a while ago, but I bet it feels good to not have to worry anymore!)