VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Results Posted To Ebenefits

Rate this question

porter74

Question

What has been your experience on a rating decision after receipt of C&P results? Last claim in the Denver RO was 18 days, does anyone have any insight to the processing time in Denver for rating 7 claims(ALL Service Connected) for increases along with secondary conditions.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I just had my C&P today...and I have another tomorrow for another condition. From what I understand is that you can request a copy of the exam at your regional office (RO) the RO will have the results and will send a letter when they make a decision.

I hope it doesn't take too long. I don't know about if it is on E Benefits or not...but if it is I will be sure to check mine.

You can get a copy of any C&P exam at any Release of Information office at any VA Facility that has a ROI office...They don't post the C&P exam on Ebenefits and I wish they would add this stuff to myhealthyvet that has every medical documentation except C&P exams. Kind of dumb if you ask me.

I had a MH C&P today and on Friday I have an all day C&P exam. While I am there I will request a copy of today's C&P exam. Then next week ride back down there to request Friday's copy....

Clarification on getting a copy of C&P exams.

1. VA has no hard and fast rules carved in stone in regards to providing copies of C&P exams.

2. IF your C&P exam is one at a VAMC you can USUALLY go to the Release of Information Office

(ROI) at the VAMC that did the exam - provide identification, sign the ROI form, and get a copy

of the exam.

Exceptions to this are if the exam was for a mental health condition, the examiner may have made

a note stating that a copy of the exam MAY NOT BE RELEASED to the veteran as it may be harmful

for them to read what was written.

3. If your C&P exam was scheduled at a contract provider such as QTC, you can TRY to get a copy

at your VARO. From my understanding they MIGHT tell you they can not provide a copy

until after a rating decision has been made.

The reason for this is that a C&P examination is not actually a part of your medical file, it is a

part of your VARO claims file.

This is my understanding.

I can see them locking your MH records with the doctor you normally see but not C&P exams. I obtained both of mine back in 2011 one week after they did them. Yes they lock your regular MH records but I don't think they lock your C&P exams. I read of them doing that. I could be wrong though. But I think they lock everyone's MH records even for the simplest of things.

One down this past Tuesday and one more to go tomorrow. I thought the MH was worst this time than the first one, not of the exam from the MH worker but myself. I couldn't remember a turd and my wife had to help. Its the medication causing the memory issues.

Hopefully they will let me wife go in again tomorrow but I am not expecting it to happen since it my physical claims. Oh well that is going to hurt them more because of my memory.

Edited by rpowell01

I can see them locking your MH records with the doctor you normally see but not C&P exams. I obtained both of mine back in 2011 one week after they did them. Yes they lock your regular MH records but I don't think they lock your C&P exams. I read of them doing that. I could be wrong though. But I think they lock everyone's MH records even for the simplest of things.

At each VAMC it is up to the individual MH provider, to say whether the

patient can get a copy of their treatment / progress notes or not.

I go to ROI and get updated copies of my MH records about twice a year, at Bay Pines VAMC.