VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dumb Question

Rate this question

vet12

Question

E benefits states "pending decision approval". Would a denial need an approval? I have been waiting over 15 months for a decision. I am trying to think positive.

Thanks,

vet12

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Just remember it is better not to get your hopes up because if its the opposite its harder to fall down. Just be humble and live your life daily...

I was showing Pending decision approval with a projected date of November, now I show gathering evidence RTEX with a projected date of October of next year. Will make this claim over 2.5 years.

• HadIt.com Elder

denials need to be approved also never get your hopes up expect the worst and wait until you get something in writing I prefer the deposit slip from my bank you can not spend a phone conversation and sometimes wrong things get said then they will later claim they were reading the wrong file etc, calling the 800 number is a 50/50 chance they will tell you the truth or even know how to find it, patience is required in dealing with a Regional office on any claims I have seen some handled right in 5-6 months and get awarded properly I have seen them get low balled and the vet spends 2-5 years in appeals, they grant some issues then defer others then the issues don't get acted on and more than a year lapses and the VARO will close the claim as abandoned it is the veterans claim do not depend on a VSO to make sure something has happened to the deferred issues in the 365 days since the award was made. Then they want new evidence or a new claim so they won't have to pay the back pay there are all sorts of ways paperwork gets lost just make sure you make a in writing letter asking for the status or action on your pending claim I had to fight me heart issue from Dec 2002 in June 2007 when they allowed us to retain lawyers to appeal VARO decisions to the BVA was I able to get one and in less than 18 m months she got a new C&P exam a hearing and the award was issued in April 2009 by BVA in Washington my lawyer said it might take a year to get my file back from DC for the RO to rate it for percentages it didn't on June 4 they deposited the difference of 100% and SMC S about 20,000 dollars in my account. The money was nice but it wasn't about that with my severe heart problems I needed the CAD service connected to ensure my wife will get DIC if I died before the 10 year mark I never thought it would take me almost 10 years of fighting the VA for it, I just refused to quit, but I had at least one date stamped piece of paper from them about the heart issue for the entire 9 years the claims have to be actively worked and trust me after about 4 years I really wanted to quit the fighting was stressful just what I need with my SC 100% PTSD but it was worth it. It took me from Dec 2003 - May 2006 to get the 100% rating for PTSD they first granted 50% in Feb 2004.

I have heard it stated that if you did not have PTSD before dealing with the VARO's you will have before it is over. I think they could make the Pope swear

Broncovet

Acturally it was approved and the money is in the bank. I wish I was able to fish. I do have some good memories.

Thanks

vet12