VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

post-60-0-27878000-1368499036_thumb.png

I can't find a way to make it larger but it states,

"Email me or take this survey to tell me what you think."

The calculator only ask DOB for dependent children

and date of marriage to spouse

to be able to figure the retro amount of compensation.

It does not ask personal information like name, address,

SSA numbers, etc. . .

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. I removed the survey.

Seriously though, there are probably 50 posts floating around online from people asking about how much backpay they might receive. And for everyone who posts, there is probably another 1,000 who have the same question. Over 800,000 vets will receive retroactive disability payments from the VA in 2013. For at least 16,000 disabled vets, that lump sum payment will be over $25,000.

And what happens when the VA makes a mistake? If the veteran doesn't request an audit, how will the veteran know if they got paid the correct amount?

And what about the veterans still waiting to receive their new disability rating and the retro pay that comes with it? They often have 3+ years of retroactive payments to add up that span between 10 different pay scales. Dude, that's a lot of work! I know because I did it myself.

I created vadisabilitycalculator.com to allow disabled vets to calculate their backpay amounts quickly and easily. Unfortunately, the calculator is far from perfect. It needs feedback from knowledgeable people in order to make it better. The survey was meant to get feedback to correct those problems.

Thank you for letting me know the popup survey was too much, too soon. It has been removed. You can still leave feedback on hadit.com or the optional survey button on the side of the calculator.

Edited by Rodger Dodger

• HadIt.com Elder

The real calculation problems occur when the VA has previously assigned a lower %. pays on it, usually with retro, due to the delays, then an appeal, review, or similar events

cause retroactive entitlement to a higher percentage. This forces a rather complex calculation, and there can be errors due to how much was previously paid, and exactly when.

The "calculator" is perhaps useful, in that it can give a result that, if accurate, represents the total. Then previous payments can be subtracted to determine the amount of retro.

• Founder

Rodger Dodger -

You may just want to put the Optional not required to use calculator in big letters. Folks see that big blue button it draws the eye and some folks may click that first without realizing the calculator doesn't require that.

• Founder

TBird where exactly is the survey an option to using the calculator? Really think about it. Why would he invite people to his website to use that calculator? I have used many VA calculators and NONE of them than forces you to take a survey. Also, why in the world would that so called calculator need to know DOBs of your children and spouse? Sorry but I am telling the way I see it.

I used the calculator a couple of times and was not forced to take the survey, the calculator ask for month and year of birth of your dependents not date because if you had a dependent for 5 years or any number of years that your dependent was entitled to pay.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use